Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blackline Deal? $12500

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012 | 01:44 PM
GYMSBYJO
|
Cruiser

yea now they're playing games. Finally got hold of him or actually his girlfriend. Now they jumped the price to $13000, which probably isn't bad, but how much will they want next week? Tried to go see it. They said they couldn't show it until next weekend now! WTF?
Must be a sign from God to stay away from it. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a bike for the asking price.

Old 10-14-2012 | 02:17 PM
Suntower
Road Master

My guess...

Dude threw the bike out for sale for the payoff... just hoping to see it go before the weather got nasty. Probably had some legit other plans this weekend. In the meantime... 15 dudes have called saying they will bring cash "tomorrow" and the guy realized is price was too low.

Old 10-14-2012 | 02:30 PM
lumper
Road Master

Or he sold it and doesnt want to bother with call backs.
When you put a bike up cheap you get a lot of calls and when someone beats you up or haggles and doesnt move with cash aggressively you move on because you most likely have several other offers.

Could be though like someone said he had weekend plans and doesnt want to be bothered, think about it, how much would it suck to sell your bike for what you owe to get out of it, especially if you dont really want to but have to and then even at a crazy low price you have to negotiate, lol

Sucks, when I sold my bike I listed it only for a set price, I figured if I cant get my price I will keep it, I loved the bike, anyway a few guys called and I just told them, if you want to come see it and buy it, you have until Sunday at 3, Monday morning it is being shipped to a dealer for a trade in so dont call if you arent ready to buy, price is firm and I have a standing offer.

A dude showed up at 10 am, with cash in hand and looked at it for 5 minutes and paid me and we were done.

When you dont have to sell or you do and you offer a great price you have options and dont waste time with anyone not 100%

Lump

Old 10-14-2012 | 03:14 PM
GYMSBYJO
|
Cruiser

I would go with either one of those options but the bike has been up and advertised since the beginning of September. I guess I'll wait to see if I hear back from him. My shovelhead still runs and it's rainy out anyway!

Old 10-15-2012 | 01:50 PM
homer713
Novice

sometimes people are in a situation to where they have to get rid of things they have because they are in a bind or need to get into a house like this guy so they sale things for crazy good prices...i bought my 05 deluxe with 1500 miles and a **** load of extras in chrome for 12,000 and harley had a similar bike for alot more with no extras really i looked at it and had harley inspect it the bike was immaculate the guy had to sale it because of health issues and couldnt ride anymore..so my advice would be to jump on it but take a look at it but he might just be in a pinch so take advantage of it...good luck with your purchase man

Old 10-15-2012 | 03:34 PM
Jenn1200XL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bvkamp
This looks like a typo. The 2011 has the 96 ci engine. Unless the dealer installed the 103 kit.

I was going to say the same thing. That was the reason I was only looking at 12s and 13s.

Jenn

Last edited by Jenn1200XL; 10-18-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-26-2012 | 08:46 PM
GYMSBYJO
|
Cruiser

The guy never got hold of me again. Bike is still listed. Worked out good for me though. I ended up buying a 2012 Softail Slim for $14000. 1900 miles , V&H pipes and Screamin' eagle intake.

Old 10-26-2012 | 08:52 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by GYMSBYJO
The guy never got hold of me again. Bike is still listed. Worked out good for me though. I ended up buying a 2012 Softail Slim for $14000. 1900 miles , V&H pipes and Screamin' eagle intake.
Awesome, congrats!

Old 10-27-2012 | 03:51 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member

IMHO, 12,500 is what it should have cost new (sporster on steroids). I would have bought it because the price was finally right! <grin> Problem for me was that I saw the sketches as it was designed instead of how Harley ended up building it...

Old 10-27-2012 | 05:54 AM
HD Jake
Road Warrior

I agree some people in these economic times are forced to sell at prices they would rather not sell, some of us are more fortunate to be on the buying end of that.
I bought my 07 Deuce, Chromed out to the max, 103 Big Bore kit, Sundowner Seat, Windshield and more extras that I keep finding for 11k and still has 14 months left on the extended warranty, deals are there just be careful, check the VIN with DMV, ask to see a copy of the title and if the bank hold it, he should be able to produce the registration for you

Quick Reply: Blackline Deal? $12500