Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last ride of the year

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 AM
paul0311
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I get to ride year round, but I don't have any scenery like that. Hope the winter passes quick for you.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:08 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks like some beautiful country up there, but you guys endure a lot of crappy weather.

Yesterday it was 70 here, today (and for the forecastable future) it will only be 50. That means probably only about 2-3 weeks left of riding and that makes me very sad.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:04 AM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

I cant imagine having to put my bike up for Winter. Here in West Texas my brother, my dad, and I ride all winter. Hell, after a 110 degree summer we are looking forward to gearing up to ride!!

Old 10-05-2012, 09:26 AM
WA7MM
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90F today

Yes, 90 degree temp at noon today here. Hopefully we will get a cold front sunday or monday to have cool 65-70 degree. We pretty much ride year round. It think is harder to ride in the summer than in winter. You don't feel very comfortable riding at 115 degree heat in mid june, just ask all the guys coming back from ROT Rally a couple of months ago.

Anyway, ride as much as you can!

Old 10-05-2012, 11:55 AM
golfmech
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brrrrrrrr!!! Almost the same here. This weekend looks like the last time for a ride. I will be taking advantage of it. This morning was 20 degrees out. Will be getting PMS soon. (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)

Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM
RANGERRICK
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
NEVER give up!!!! Well, maybe in alaska...I'm in New England and we get some pretty good winters, but not comparable to your situation!!! Down here, if we get a warm day (+40 degrees or higher/no wind/sun/roads decent), I usually go for a scoot and charge the battery/get the fluids moving. A couple years ago a buddy stopped me in the grocery store and said he saw a crazy bastard going down rt 2 doing 80 mph in the freezing cold that looked just like me...I said that was because it was me!!!! He told me I was nuts! He's a great guy...but his bike is not allowed to get dirty or wet...he misses alot of good riding! Ride safe on your snow mobile!!! We are getting ours tuned up for the season!!

Yep I have a few rider friends here that their bikes never see rain and or harsh conditions they do not get many rides in during the summer either .
My bike is rode in rain, sleet, snow and heavy winds and on occasion clear summer days . It's not uncommon in spring making a trip to Los Anchorage that the windshield gets a layering of slush going through the pass !!! Good thing I can see over the top of the shield when that happens .
Sad to see winter coming . Maybe we will get an early spring in April ???
Have to wait and see.
At least I will have time this winter to put on a few upgrades to the bike such as a new breather, pipes , apes and maybe a new seat ??

RR

Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 PM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Snow here last night and today. Had to light the furnace in the shop ! There will be more riding days coming up though.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:26 PM
hyde802
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its defiantly getting cold here too. Usually about mid 30s when I leave for work in the am. The rides home have some pretty great views this time of year though.. Hopefully squeeze another couple of weeks out of the season..

Old 10-05-2012, 07:08 PM
tinmarine
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
Wow! Sucks to be you . . . Nice scenery, but I usually go on my last ride of the year right around Decembr 31st. I refuse to live were water can actually turn solid if left outside overnight at any time of the year!

Don't know what you're missing (other than riding). Nice to drive out on the lake to go fishing. Hate snow, but love ice fishing. Once the bike and boat are put up, I pray for a deep freeze so I can get some perch fishing in. Of course have to smelt fish through the ice in mid march.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll think of you when it seems our riding season is too short. Not putting the bike up though. It's always in the garage pointing toward the road if its above 40.

Quick Reply: Last ride of the year