Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Harley Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have the Harley Dual Bulb Halogen Headlamp Kit?

I'm looking at upgrading the lighting on my Lo when Christmas comes around again. I was planning on going with the aux light bar with a plan to upgrade the headlight to the trucklite phase 7 in the spring. I just noticed that Harley has the dual bulb halogen kit which advertises "curb to curb" lighting and it sounds like it might work for less money then the whole aux light kit. Does anybody have any experience with it?

Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 PM
2011TrickedOutFatBoy
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I'm looking at upgrading the lighting on my Lo when Christmas comes around again. I was planning on going with the aux light bar with a plan to upgrade the headlight to the trucklite phase 7 in the spring. I just noticed that Harley has the dual bulb halogen kit which advertises "curb to curb" lighting and it sounds like it might work for less money then the whole aux light kit. Does anybody have any experience with it?
If that is the same as the High Intensity Lights, they are EXCELLENT. Put it on my FatBoy and the illumination is AWESOME - VERY BRIGHT!!! Very nice addition.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 PM
2011TrickedOutFatBoy
Stage II

Very nice job on your LO!!

Old 10-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks. I don't think it's the same. The HID lights are different then the halogen bulbs. Basically the kit gives you two halogens instead of the stock one. As low priced as the Phase 7 light is I'd like to go that direction now but I want to wait till I have the passing lamps so that I don't lose much forward visibility to traffic. The viewing angle from the front is supposed to be fairly narrow from the front with LED's. Having said that, the viewing angle is pretty much the only negative I've ever seen about LED's. Well, except for price I guess, particularly when talking about Harley's.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

I ordered one for my street glide, should be here in a few days. In the mean time if you want to see one first hand go to the dealership and if they have a SE Ultra or other batwing CVO bike on the floor it should have the dual bulb halogen bulb in it.

I was torn about which light to go with and after seeing the dual halogen in a CVO bike decided to go with that one. Besides, the price is significantly less and the bulbs could be bought at an auto parts store should one fail on the road.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I just put one on my Heritage, and it is AWESOME...and It looks good, too!

Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
The viewing angle from the front is supposed to be fairly narrow from the front with LED's. Having said that, the viewing angle is pretty much the only negative I've ever seen about LED's. Well, except for price I guess, particularly when talking about Harley's.
It sounds like you're referring to the JW Speakers LED that's offered by Harley. That particular LED is a projector, which work like Spot Lamps rather than spreading the beam.

I have the Truck-Lite brand, 7'' Round LED Headlamp and I'm real happy with it. On a 6-lane Blvd it spreads the lighting from curb to curb.