Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Move brake pedal to the right?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Move brake pedal to the right?

Using the Harley Goodies floorboard extenders on my Fatboy and they really help get my legs out around the air cleaner and much more comfortable. Problem is, the brake pedal pad isn't in front of the floorboards anymore, and I don't like having to turn my foot inwards to reach it.

I've searched on here and Google and can't find any option other than the Kuryakyn Brake Pad Extension 7587, but don't really like the look of it. Or the Extended brake pedal pad 4456 that is a clamshell design that makes the pedal look huge.

Aren't there more options out there? Can't believe there's not a replacement brake pedal arm made with a bend that would move the pedal more to the right.

Suggestions, links or ideas?

Thanks!

Old 09-29-2012, 03:42 PM
olongapo1
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I faced the same situation. Mounted Harley Goodies Board Extenders which caused the brake pedal to be improperly positioned. Harley sells a Large pedal which solved my problem. Look through their catalog.

Old 09-29-2012, 03:51 PM
_Gir_
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Could you bend the arm to move the pedal to the right?

Old 09-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Phochief
Advanced

Originally Posted by olongapo1
I faced the same situation. Mounted Harley Goodies Board Extenders which caused the brake pedal to be improperly positioned. Harley sells a Large pedal which solved my problem. Look through their catalog.
Which HD one did you get? Got to make sure it'll work on my '12 Fatboy.

Thanks...David

Old 09-30-2012, 12:01 AM
Phochief
Advanced

Originally Posted by _Gir_
Could you bend the arm to move the pedal to the right?
Not sure how well that would work. Might damage the chrome and I'd have to make two bends. One to the right and one to straighten the pedal back. Sure seems like a replacement brake pedal arm would be a good addition to the Harley Goodies product line.

Any other ideas?

Old 09-30-2012, 09:30 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 706 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
Which HD one did you get? Got to make sure it'll work on my '12 Fatboy.

Thanks...David
Look here
http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...bmLocale=en_US
Any of the Brake Pedal Pad - Large will work for you. Just choose the design you like best.

Old 09-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Phochief
Advanced

Originally Posted by 24v
Look here
http://www.harley-davidson.com/brows...bmLocale=en_US
Any of the Brake Pedal Pad - Large will work for you. Just choose the design you like best.
I've already got an HD Airfoil Collection Brake Pedal Pad - Large 42557-95 on the bike now and it doesn't bring the pedal out anywhere near enough. I either need an extension or an arm that bends more to the right.

The HD Longhorn pad looks like it might work but it's not made for the FLSTF. If there's no other option out there, I might have to jerry-rig something to make it work.

Thanks for the ideas. I think I could make a lot of money designing and patenting a replacement arm.

David

Old 09-30-2012, 06:33 PM
greengoone
Tourer

Phochief

I have faced similar fitment issues with my fatboy compounded by the fact that I have long legs. I have installed the goodies extension and have already ordered the kury extended brake pedal and the 7587 pad extension. We will see how they work when they come in. Afterward I came across this company http://waltersworkshop.com/extended-pedals.htmlwhile researching brake pedals. Everything I've read indicates they make a quality product and they advertise this "We have also moved the brake pad position out 1/2 inch to keep the air cleaners from getting in the way while braking."

I'm also surprised at the lack of options but that seems par for the course with my fatboy. I always heard the softails had many more options than dynas but my superglide was much easier to fit just right. Could be the difference between boards and pegs. Good luck and let me know what you find out.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM
heybaylor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
Not sure how well that would work. Might damage the chrome and I'd have to make two bends. One to the right and one to straighten the pedal back. Sure seems like a replacement brake pedal arm would be a good addition to the Harley Goodies product line.

Any other ideas?
I did the two bends , any scratches are hidden by the floorboard.
saved 139 + shipping

Old 10-01-2012, 02:00 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

i have 1" extensions, the brake is still over 3/4 of the floor board. i wish the shifter was out of the way.

Quick Reply: Move brake pedal to the right?