Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Move brake pedal to the right?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm sure I've seen a brake arm with a joggle bend in it so it sits the regular sized pad out more... somewhere...

Old 10-01-2012, 06:44 AM
mjrfd99
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,750 Likes on 1,114 Posts

A little off topic, I was thinking of doing the extenders but I already grind the hell outa the floorboards on the Heritage.
My question : Does the extenders lessen the clearance or increase it?

Old 10-01-2012, 06:50 AM
jay72
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Unless the extensions move the boards up, it will only increase the amount of DRAG that you experience.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 112 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
I'm sure I've seen a brake arm with a joggle bend in it so it sits the regular sized pad out more... somewhere...
I'd be interested in this. Let us know if you find it.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Phochief
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benway
If you can find who makes such an animal, please let me know! It's either that or weld a plate to move the pad out about 1" further out.

Thanks....David

Old 10-02-2012, 07:06 AM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by greengoone
Phochief

I have faced similar fitment issues with my fatboy compounded by the fact that I have long legs. I have installed the goodies extension and have already ordered the kury extended brake pedal and the 7587 pad extension. We will see how they work when they come in. Afterward I came across this company http://waltersworkshop.com/extended-pedals.htmlwhile researching brake pedals. Everything I've read indicates they make a quality product and they advertise this "We have also moved the brake pad position out 1/2 inch to keep the air cleaners from getting in the way while braking."

I'm also surprised at the lack of options but that seems par for the course with my fatboy. I always heard the softails had many more options than dynas but my superglide was much easier to fit just right. Could be the difference between boards and pegs. Good luck and let me know what you find out.
On Walters website he charges $139. If you search EBay for "Harley extended brake pedal" you'll find the exact same extended pedal for $63. I just ordered one and the total price was $75 including shipping.

Last edited by HDmikie; 10-02-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Phochief
If you can find who makes such an animal, please let me know! It's either that or weld a plate to move the pad out about 1" further out.

Thanks....David
+1, I've been looking for the same thing. Someone out there must be making either a brake lever with a jog or a plate to relocate the pedal itself, but I'll be damned if I can find anything.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Knucky
+1, I've been looking for the same thing. Someone out there must be making either a brake lever with a jog or a plate to relocate the pedal itself, but I'll be damned if I can find anything.
Knucky, go to Ebay and type in the following number 270333564710 and you'll see what might work for you. He makes these for any Harley with floorboards.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HDmikie
Knucky, go to Ebay and type in the following number 270333564710 and you'll see what might work for you. He makes these for any Harley with floorboards.
To clarify, I want to move the brake pedal outward, not forward. What you specified moves the pedal forward, but thank you anyway.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
HDmikie
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Knucky
To clarify, I want to move the brake pedal outward, not forward. What you specified moves the pedal forward, but thank you anyway.
This one is identical to the one at Walters where the following is quoted: "We have also moved the brake pad position out 1/2 inch to keep the air cleaners from getting in the way while braking."

Mine should be here Friday so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Move brake pedal to the right?