Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deuce Owners- post them pics...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016 | 07:56 PM
Racer78
Cruiser

I bought the bike all chromed out and it came with V&H Big Radius pipes on it. It dragged just pushing around the shop.. All kidding aside. I think it was stock height in the front with the rear slammed. Nope, no real issues that stand out with things dragging now since newest pipe and lowering. The monos, even lowered have been such a great bolt on, the ride has been pretty impressive all things considered.
The bars I think will be a winter project. Milling the slots, removing the tank, snaking the wires and buying new correct sized risers just doesn't appeal to me at the moment. Haha

Anyone out the with a Deuce have any pictures of one of the Mustang Perewitz Signature Fast Back seats installed? Would love to see a picture.

Cheers

Old 09-09-2016 | 07:59 PM
Racer78
Cruiser

Seat photo didn't up load. Here we go

Attached Thumbnails Softail Deuce Owners- post them pics...-photo321.jpg  
Old 09-10-2016 | 03:44 AM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced

Originally Posted by stewart.harris13@comcast.net
Just got it today, so I haven't had a chance to change anything. I am considering mini apes to start. I'd also kinda like to paint it black.

I like the 2 Tone. Black is original IMO. I have a peve for stock. If ya just want to make it yours , Maybe have a good paint man just change the shade of Blue. Nice Deuce Bro.

Old 09-10-2016 | 04:20 AM
DayzedAndKunfoozed
Advanced
Default 03 Inaugeral CVO Screaming Eagle Deuce

I've Had her for about a month and a half now, traded in my Super Glide for it and I absolutely love it. Is there no such thing as a windshield for a Deuce ? Seems to be an elusive item. I run into " Fits all FXST Except FXSTD(se)" .

Old 09-10-2016 | 05:56 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Racer78
Some nice rides in this thread.
My 03, kinda black, kinda not. A couple of ideas on the go for a seat and bars but pretty much gas go at this point.
nice ,cool bike

Old 09-10-2016 | 09:45 AM
shredsled
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DayzedAndKunfoozed
Is there no such thing as a windshield for a Deuce ? Seems to be an elusive item. I run into " Fits all FXST Except FXSTD(se)" .

Yeah, they had offered a couple of option windscreens, but doubt they are still available new from Harley. I have one of the H-D versions that clip on and off really quick. But I seldom use it, only on the really long cross country road trips.

EDIT: After looking closer, it appears your CVO SE has an odd vanity plate between the triple clamps/fork legs, behind the headlight (and didn't come on regular Deuces) which may interfere with mounting the windshield they offered. I'd just remove that decorative plate.

And just to contribute to the thread, here is a quick pic of the Progressive monotube dampers I just did.
I only set mine up to lower 1". May redo it to add in the factory top out springs to set it at 2" in the future, but liking it as is for now.

Already posted that in the softail thread, but it is truly amazing at the improvement it makes with the brake dive and wallowing. The stock fork internals are a joke, barely a step up from what would be seen in a children's dirtbike.

I also did the 422 shocks in the back, before the fork dampers, so I could see how each component individually effected the ride.
I think the fork damping made the biggest difference in ride quality and handling, but the shocks helped out a ton with the lowered ride quality, and also with my wife and camping gear on the back.

Last edited by shredsled; 09-10-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2016 | 10:24 AM
shredsled
Intermediate
Old 10-10-2016 | 08:30 AM
hillie16
Novice
Old 10-10-2016 | 08:50 AM
Racer78
Cruiser

Pulled the front fender and dropped the rear a bit more shortly after this photo. Found this spot on a morning ride.

Attached Thumbnails Softail Deuce Owners- post them pics...-photo728.jpg  
Old 11-02-2016 | 01:42 PM
RoccoI
1st Gear

My new to me 03 Deuce SE.

Attached Thumbnails Softail Deuce Owners- post them pics...-duece_01.jpg  

Quick Reply: Softail Deuce Owners- post them pics...