Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC3 problems on 07's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:11 PM
BrendanGTStang
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC3 problems on 07's?

I have a 2007 Night Train, and I am getting ready to order some Hooker pipes for it. I had planned on installing the power commander w/ the O2 sensor elimantors on it today, but after talking to the owner of the local speed shop, I am having second thoughts. He claims that many people are having troubles when eliminating the O2 sensor eliminators. However, this is all information that he has heard through the grapevine talking to other dealerships and such. He has never worked with these directly, and the majority of his work is on older, carbureted bikes, so I do not know how much faith to put into what he is telling me. My questions is, has anyone here had problems with the 07's after installing the PCIII and O2 sensor eliminators? Whether it be driveability, tuning, or whatever. If everyone is having decent luck with this setup, then I will go for it, because if they are having so much trouble with them, I don't see why people would still be purchasing them. If you have someone tuning the bike on a dyno that knows what they are doing, I don't see what the problem would be. Thanks.

-Brendan

Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: PC3 problems on 07's?

Do not base a decision on this but...I spoke to a dealer here that sells and installs PCIII's and they said they reccomend the PCIII over the SERT for 06 and older models and they reccomend the SERT for 07 and newer.I didn't ask why b/c my bike is an 06 and I am installing a PCIII.

Hopefully someone here knows more.

Good luck

Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 PM
07sophtayl
Advanced

It sounds like your initial advice has been misguided.

I bought and installed a PC3 on my 07 softail std with the o2 eliminators. Not a problem. The eliminators trick the stock ecm into thinking it is getting a constant signal. This then means that the stock ecm does not try to adjust for afr other than what the map tells it to do. The PC3 then adds / subtracts fuels as per the downloaded map in the pc3. My bike ran sweet with a canned may that I fattened a little across the board for the configuration I have.

Easiest way is to put it on and find out for yourself. There is a canned map for the stock config 07 softail.

cheers

Mick

Old 01-24-2007, 07:16 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's the first I heard of problems with the PC , some dealers will push Harley downloads {junk} or a sert .

Old 01-24-2007, 07:22 PM
SCJE8
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm running a PCIII with the eliminators, a set of V+H BSS, and an SE Stage 1 on an '07 Fat Boy...runs sweet! Smooth idle, smooth roll on, plenty of power, and I used the canned MAP provided by DynoJet for my specific setup. I don't know if I will tweak it, or not. At this point...no problems with anything.

I agree with Mick...try it and see. You could always find a buyer if your not happy with it. And, by the way, my HD dealer is recommending the PCIII for these mods on the '07 machines that they are selling.

Good luck...

Steve

Old 01-24-2007, 08:55 PM
yfz404
1st Gear

The problem out there right now is that too many people understand just enough about different systems to confuse other people to there advantage. I have drag-raced for years and understand a lot about power and the right afr for everyday driving. Where some are trying to confuse people or misdirect people on the 07 efi is in the closed loop os sensors. On the stock harleys these sensors are used at a very min. I believe at about the 14.7 afr range and only at certain other conditions, like at a cruise with very little throttle input. What it comes down to for most riders with a few changes like pipes and a better breathing intake is that you really dont need the 02 sensors. Harley is keeping everyone in the dark for a reason, it is called perpriotaryship. They want to sell a race tuner to the people who want the best (most harley owners) and they want to cut down on aftermarket companys cutting into the multi-million dollar parts business. I personally gaurentee that the pc111 will do everything you want it to if you get the right map in it, and you wont have any problems. With tech. comes more responsibility and you are going in the right direction by getting on forums and asking questions. Everyone would love efi if they understood it a little better. You deffently wont go wrong buy purchasing a race tuner or any other sys. if you research and set it up right.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

PCIII, Screamin' Eagle Stage I air cleaner, and Samson BG3 Big Swoopies on my '07 Fat Boy. No problems whatsoever and it runs great!

Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 PM
BrendanGTStang
Cruiser

Thanks for all of the info guys. I think I am going to go for the PCIII. Take is easy.

-Brendan

Old 01-25-2007, 12:53 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

PCIII, V&H Big Shots Staggered, Ness a/f on my 07 FatBoy......so far so good