Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with the shotguns today

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012 | 05:51 PM
BLOWN HOWARD
Tourer

One bonus about the air tail from progressive is it takes air to lower it so if you loose air it goes up and u ride home on the shock

Old 09-10-2012 | 06:10 PM
DynaJ
Road Master

Originally Posted by BLOWN HOWARD
One bonus about the air tail from progressive is it takes air to lower it so if you loose air it goes up and u ride home on the shock
Thats what I have heard..seems a little smarter to me to get this system exactly for that reason

Old 09-10-2012 | 07:04 PM
Ash16
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DynaJ
I might get flamed for this but oh well...I was going to buy a shotgun shock but after talking to several guys they said unless you ride two up the system is worthless,
I don't understand that. I rarely ride two up and I use the adjustments on my Shotgun all of the time. We have some rough county roads out here and the ability to change the ride is a great thing to have. Although mostly I just find myself riding slammed.

Your idea for a way to air it up isn't a bad idea but the only problem that I ever had with mine came after a few years of use. I sent JD an email and he sent out an upgraded replacement unit with all new compressor, wiring, and switches. It came to my house before I even had a chance to ride again. I have had the new one for about a month now and had no issues. It is better than my old one that I thought was great.

Old 09-10-2012 | 07:19 PM
24v
Elite HDF Member

Yeah, I don't agree with the comment above about the ride. I ride 1 up and 2 up, and have found a comfortable medium with both.
Riding by myself, I can keep it about an inch from all the way down, and still have plenty of cush. Riding 2 up, I keep it about mid travel, and it rides awesome.
Anyone who says the ride is bad either has not ridden one, or didn't understand the adjustment of it.

Old 09-10-2012 | 08:29 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member

I gotta chime in too... I luv my shotgun setup... I ride both when it's 2up the wife like it soft and comfy and I'm kinda old so I'll lift it for the ride to wherever and slam it as I roll in best of both worlds nice soft ride and slammed when you wanna show it off.

Old 09-10-2012 | 09:05 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior

Gotta say how much I love mine too. It's like riding completely different bikes depending on the adjustment. I'm like 24V. When I ryde 2up, I adjust it softer and ryde it halfway down. Man, the ryde is so cush, and the gf even loves the lil phantom pad I have for a rear seat.
Then when I ryde thug, I slam it all the way down, almost to the stops and stiffen the suspension to a hardtail feel. I love hittin the canyons fast like this until I get to real tight turns, then I just raise it up a little with the push of the button on the fly, and then I scrape the boards only a little bit.

Old 09-11-2012 | 06:59 AM
Guitardude
Club Member

As a follow-up...I ordered my shock last Thursday, was told it would go out that day or the next, tried to call JD Friday, got the voicemail, left a message, got a call back from a lady not real happy to be talking to me and said she had his phone and would give him the message when she got back to the shop...tired to call again over the weekend, 3 times actually, and the phone went straight to voicemail each time. Now have an email from UPS with a tracking number, but 24 hours later the package still hasn't made it into the UPS system.

All of you guys that sing his praises, wanna tell me again how great the customer service is and why I shouldn't call my credit card company and reverse the charge?

Last edited by Guitardude; 09-11-2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2012 | 08:59 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guitardude
As a follow-up...I ordered my shock last Thursday, was told it would go out that day or the next, tried to call JD Friday, got the voicemail, left a message, got a call back from a lady not real happy to be talking to me and said she had his phone and would give him the message when she got back to the shop...tired to call again over the weekend, 3 times actually, and the phone went straight to voicemail each time. Now have an email from UPS with a tracking number, but 24 hours later the package still hasn't made it into the UPS system.

All of you guys that sing his praises, wanna tell me again how great the customer service is and why I shouldn't call my credit card company and reverse the charge?

Wow, I don't have a Shotgun but I'm thinking about it. But maybe you are a little too anxious on this one to stop the CC payment already. It probably shipped Monday & UPS doesn't update until late in the evening if they have business pick up. My UPS driver picks up at 4PM & the tracking info doesn't appear until 8-12 in the evening. As for the poor service, maybe he was at the doctors getting his prostate checked!

Old 09-11-2012 | 09:09 AM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Guitardude

JD is on the road doing the show circuit. On the weekend, how many businesses can you call on the weekend and get anybody, with JD you can get him on the weekend every time when he is not on the road and most of the time when he is on the road, he just might be at a show and dealing with all of the people there and just might not have the time to get back to you, there is ONLY 24 hours in a day you know!!!

As for customer service, UPS is one of the WORSE for customer service, been jacked over several times by UPS. You can't go by the computer tracking as I have had packages say they are still waiting for arrival in their system and it was sitting on my door step, and that's another problem with UPS and another story.

Have you EVER done customer service?
"Customers: You can't please them and you can't kill them" OH well

What time did you call? Are you on the left coast? They are in Southern California and if you called from back east you might have called at lunch time, that's usually the time I get any calls from back east and I seem to get phone calls when I'm in the middle of something and have to drop everything to answer the phone. I know it's a business and answering the phone is one of the jobs but damn man give em a break and on the weekend yet.

OK rant over

I know how it can be when you ordered something and haven't heard anything, just please be a little patient as JD will NOT screw you over as he is a straight up and righteous guy and as everyone else has said you will NOT be disappointed in the shock system and the ride.

Old 09-11-2012 | 09:39 AM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Default How did you know

Originally Posted by golfblues
Wow, I don't have a Shotgun but I'm thinking about it. But maybe you are a little too anxious on this one to stop the CC payment already. It probably shipped Monday & UPS doesn't update until late in the evening if they have business pick up. My UPS driver picks up at 4PM & the tracking info doesn't appear until 8-12 in the evening. As for the poor service, maybe he was at the doctors getting his prostate checked!
Those prostrate exams can put one in a nasty mood. Emailed guitardude and offered to overnight shotgunshock to him and appologize for dropping the ball on this one, my first mistake this year.

Last edited by J.D.1; 09-11-2012 at 09:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Problems with the shotguns today