Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's your take on this engine guard.?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007 | 01:44 PM
randyj
Advanced
Default RE: what's your take on this engine guard.?

For anyone that has the HD Nostalgic Curved Guard, has anyone hadproblems mounting pegs on them?
Freind of mine tried to mount pegs on his Ultra to close to the radius of the bar and chrome started chipping
off. Since the Nosstalgic is a continuos curve didn't know if there would be a problem. Going to Daytona and planning on putting some miles on my Fatboy and want to be comfortable.

Old 01-24-2007 | 03:58 PM
TimB
6th Gear

I bought a Lindby bar on Ebay, Just the bar, no fold-down pegs. It isn't the best solution for Highway pegs, but I do rest my legs on top of the bars at times. I'm looking to add a pair of clamp-on pegs to make it more comfortable. However, it did save me,a month after I installed it, I came back home, after a week of vaction to find my bike on it's side. The air leak out of my Legend air ride, it sank to low, and the kick-stand pushed it over. Besides an oil change and a mess in the garage, not a scratch on the bike.

Old 01-24-2007 | 10:36 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: djohnston

Hmmm...I'm not a big engine guard fan. Maybe on a dresser, but not on a Softail. IMHO, of course.
[align=left] [/align]
I'm not crazy about engine guards either, but after dropping my bike once without one and getting away with no real damage I figured I'd used up all my luck. I have one on my bike now.

Old 01-24-2007 | 10:43 PM
bobros
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: randyj

For anyone that has the HD Nostalgic Curved Guard, has anyone hadproblems mounting pegs on them?
Freind of mine tried to mount pegs on his Ultra to close to the radius of the bar and chrome started chipping
off. Since the Nosstalgic is a continuos curve didn't know if there would be a problem. Going to Daytona and planning on putting some miles on my Fatboy and want to be comfortable.
No problem with mine.

Old 01-24-2007 | 10:53 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer

This is only my personal opinion but to me nobody makes a better looking engine guard than Lindby. I have one on my '03 Fatboy (the Lindbar not the Twinbar - looks the same just no footpegs).

I love it but I'm 5'11' not 6'3'. If I were any taller,it would lose its usefulness as a highway bar.

However,I do think you can find it for abit less....

Old 01-25-2007 | 01:04 AM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer

Do a search on EBay...I found my Lindby bars for around $250 new with shipping added. Used the extra money to buy some more chrome...

Old 01-27-2007 | 11:14 PM
southpaw
|
Road Warrior

well after a few ideas and PM's which i would say were good valid private messages. members on here are great. i did decide to go withSOFTAILKURYAKYN EXTENDED CRUISE ARM MARK IV when it comes in i will post more pictures. i know the saying, if you seen one softail with it on, you seen them all with it on. but its the point that we all like to show.

Old 01-28-2007 | 04:55 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

Haven't seen too many of the Mk IV's.. I'll look forward to seeing the setup. If they're as comfy as my Mk III's, you'll love the setup.

Old 01-28-2007 | 08:26 PM
LT753
Road Warrior

They are nice bars, but I went with the Ergo gurads and I really like them. You have several ways you can use them. I am short 6' so I don't normally flip out the pegs, but they do flip out. I normally ride with my legs hanging over the tops of my bars.

Lynn

Old 01-28-2007 | 09:23 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Don't like it, it does not fit my leg size... I really want to loose my engine guard and replace it with "biker blades" but... darn too expensive...

Regards.

Quick Reply: what's your take on this engine guard.?