Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what's your take on this engine guard.?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007 | 04:49 PM
southpaw
|
Road Warrior
Default what's your take on this engine guard.?

http://www.jpcycles.com/productdetai...engine%20guard

i read some of the reviews on it,(only 2, see posted comments on bottom)seems like a good one for me being im 6'3 aswell, but would like some input if you guys/gals have them on your bike. i also like the pegs and how the flip up and down. and is ordering from J&P Cycles worth it.? or is it a No-No.

peder8330 Friday, September 08, 2006 (report this review)
This is, hands-down, the best product I have purchased for my bike. The bars look great, and the flip-down pegs provide excellent riding comfort. When not in use, the pegs flip right back up, and disappear. With these bars, I have multiple options for riding position, which is huge for those longer rides. Highly recommended.

ad2jiffy Monday, July 31, 2006 (report this review)
These highway bars are a must have for anyone over 6 ft. I am 6'2" and they fit me great. They also give my Fat Boy an even stalkier look. They are a little pricing but well worth the money.

Old 01-23-2007 | 04:56 PM
hotrod351
Road Warrior
Default RE: what's your take on this engine guard.?

ive bought from j&p cycles and received my item quick. as for the bar, well for that price it better be made out of gold.

Old 01-23-2007 | 04:59 PM
southpaw
|
Road Warrior

i also noticed there pricey. and found them NEW on ebay, but the description dont tell much.

Old 01-23-2007 | 04:59 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

Did you look at these also?
http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...brand=Kuryakyn
Tom

Old 01-23-2007 | 05:02 PM
southpaw
|
Road Warrior

i was also looking at them to, what i like about those are how the pegs lay flat and un-noticable to. not to mention if those are the pegs that come with it, they will match my grips to

Old 01-23-2007 | 05:06 PM
anubisss
Banned

I have a Lindby for my fatboy, but it doesn't have the pegs. It has rubber rings for grip on the flat top part of the bar. I used on all my long trips and quite enjoyed it. The pegs seem to make it even better and more useful. It s expensive, but if that'snot an issue, I say get it. The Kuryakyn one is really cool too with the fold out pegs,but that might be a problem at speed. You got your dream bike, get all the accesories you want is my advice...

Old 01-23-2007 | 05:11 PM
southpaw
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: anubisss The Kuryakyn one is really cool too with the fold out pegs,but that might be a problem at speed.
care to elaborate just a little bit more if you dont mind.?
this is something i would have to take into consideration to, not that im constantly doing 70-or 80 MPH but i may be doing a constant 60 to 65 though.

Old 01-23-2007 | 06:05 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member

I had a lindby installed when I bought the bike.. Sold it within a few weeks of purchase.. Absolutely totally uncomfortable.. to me (everyone's different). I'm not one to hang my feet over the highway peg but rather I like to hang the peg in the middle of my boots.. The lindby bar peg locations on my 04 fatboy were too close and too high.. Went with cruise arms for the floorboards and never looked back. Since those engine guards fold up like a poor poker hand if you go down (God forbid), I just opted to go without. On a dresser or heritage, maybe, but I think my fatty is just right without one. Plus the cruise arms aren't as wide as pegs mounted on engine guards or the lindby bar.. Not all "spread eagle" on the bike. My 2cents.

Old 01-23-2007 | 06:10 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member

I'm also 6'3' and find that I like to move my feet forward on the floor boards sometimes ( feet over the front with my heels on the boards) check out a Lindby Bar in person before you buy one. I like them the best for the look on a fatboy but they fit very close to the front of your floorboards and will not fit if you have moved the floorboards forward with a extension kit. With a Lindby Bar on a softail it is ackward to place your foot anywhere over the front of the floorboard.

The HD bars will allow more foot room because they dont follow the same line as the down tubes and are away from the front of the floorboard, but I dont like the look as much.

Old 01-23-2007 | 06:29 PM
fatboy4ever
Cruiser

I am 6'3" as well, and I put the Lindby bars on my 06 Fatboy . . . I agree with Babs . . . they are just too uncomfortable. I purchased extender and pegs, for the bars and the ride is alot more comfortable. I do like the looks of the Lindby on the bike, and it save me a $hit load of money when i droppedthe bikein buddies gravel driveway.[:@]

Quick Reply: what's your take on this engine guard.?