Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ricor Intiminator Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:53 AM
Booda_do
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ricor Intiminator Install Question

2009 FXSTB 41mm forks - Racetech Mono 1.0 kg Springs (215 lbs.) and Ricor Intiminators.

I had my local Indie install Racetech Springs and Ricor Intiminators. Bike seems / feels like the front is riding high. Couple of questions.

- What length did you cut the spacers? Believe indie cut them to the top of fork tube to be able to fit the caps on.
- How much 5W oil per fork? Indie used 16 oz in each tube
- If too much fork oil - any risk of blowing the valve or fork seals?

Ride seems firm but not bad - issues is just feels like the front is riding high. Raining today so only had the chance to ride briefly yesterday evening.

Spent the night researching but most Ricor posts are for tourers not softails.

Thanks

Old 09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I installed the Ricors last winter along with the 2" progressive lowering springs. Spacers cut flush with top of tube, filled the oil per the manual. Best way to fill is with the tubes off the bike, and fill to the specified measurement from top of tube, IIRC mine was around 7" from top of tube to level of oil with springs removed. The Ricors do make it more difficult to fill, you need to fill partially and cycle the forks repeatedly to work the oil past the Ricors.

If its riding high, you can cut the spacers shorter to reduce the spring preload and allow the front to sag more under the weight of the bike. Unsure of the detrimental effects of overfilling the oil.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators..similar product to the intimidators, used the stock springs and had to cut the spacer to 1".. used pretty much the same amount of oil, too..13.4fl oz..but that's in a FatBoy Lo front end, not the FX front ends..

Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Booda_do
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the replies. I'll ride them for a little bit before cutting the spacers.