Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dark Knight" build begins...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013 | 10:35 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer

Well, fellas.. Got the rest of the stuff back from the powdercoater. All the foot controls as well as the rear pulley. Now just waiting on the polished stainless rotors to come in the mail (tomorrow), and the wheels will go back on. Can't wait to get the bike back on the ground to see how it looks. Have not gotten the tax money back yet, either. Oh well. A guy at work heard I was looking for some soft throwover saddlebags for the trip coming up in June. Stopped by his house this morning after work and he pulled them out of his attic. Never been used, and are decent size. Threw them over the bike to see how they look, and for the price I couldn't say no. I was able to get them for $10. How can I turn that down.. So now, when I DO get my tax money.. the question is: what mods are next...

Here is what I have left on my list:
Cyclevisions Road King bagger kit (w/ bags & filler panels)
Sissy bar & rack (for long trips to strap $#!T to)
Fatboy front end
Shotgun shock
Cams

I know that the shotgun shock will be last, and the cams will be next winter.

Hopefully I have some 'on the ground' pics to send you all tomorrow night. Supposed to be getting a blizzard starting up here in a couple hours, so the pictures will probably in the 'shop' again. Hell, maybe I'll even take a few pictures of my work area..

Old 03-17-2013 | 11:30 PM
TLoud
Cruiser

hell yea man can't wait to see some pics!

Old 03-18-2013 | 05:52 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default Winter 2012-2013 Mods: Done!

Well, I know that a few of you have been in tune to this buildup.. I think I have done all that I can do for now (money wise as well as time wise).. Time to hit the books hard for the rest of the semester, and then summer semester starts. Ha ha - I'm a glutton for punishment, I guess.. I hope you all enjoy, I froze my @$$ off getting the bike outside in a blizzard to take pics. Windchill of 3*F right now... Bike started right up, though! Ok, enough jabberin'.

Old 03-28-2013 | 04:26 PM
jonathanlyford
Intermediate

looks great bet ya cant wait to give her a ride

Old 03-28-2013 | 05:41 PM
JRL1164
Cruiser

Looks mean man hope your weather warms up enough to give her a ride!

Old 03-28-2013 | 11:32 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior

love it... i have 36" samsons on my train.. I wish they were black!!!

Old 06-15-2013 | 10:50 PM
TLoud
Cruiser

Dude looks real sick! Reminds me of story808's bike! Killer

Old 09-23-2013 | 10:24 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer

Well guys, it has been a while since I have posted anything about the Dark Knight... It's been too busy getting ridden all summer.. So much so that I had to buy a new set of rubbers after the ride to Texas, and riding all summer. Check it out - WIDE WHITES! Metzler's at that... They weren't cheap, but hell. It's only money.

Sorry they aren't the best pics, taken just outside my garage late in the day. Not much of the riding season left here in MN, but today was great T-shirt riding weather!

Enjoy!

Old 09-24-2013 | 08:30 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member

i always say you need something to contrast with the black , and the whitewalls do it perfectly . very nice !

Old 09-24-2013 | 12:23 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

That is Awesome, Man, beautiful bike.. I can not believe myself but I think you are destined for a Shotgun, your rear needs to drop to get that full effect.
Thank you for answering my curiousity on how would the Cholos look on FX bikes I dig it

Quick Reply: "Dark Knight" build begins...