Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dark Knight" build begins...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013 | 05:35 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default Progress pics...

Well guys, here you go.. I am at a stall now since I couldn't get to the store yesterday to pick up fork oil. Of course, even in the cities, no one is open on Sundays that sells fork oil otherwise I would be out taking it for a quick (chilly) spin.. Or at least roll it into the sun to take a look at it. Not likely to happen the next couple days - supposed to get a hefty amount of snow here in MN starting tonight and going into Tuesday morning. Ah well, at least I'll get it back together - which was my main concern.

Enjoy.

Old 03-03-2013 | 11:14 PM
kjmahoney85
Advanced

Looking good!

Old 03-04-2013 | 04:24 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default Finished... For now....

Well guys, next thing on the list is a set of fat spokes.. I ordered a front (Ultima King Spoke - black/Chrome - 21 x 2.15) that I found on Ebay... If I can swing it, I may consider ordering the rear wheel before I leave for my trip in June.. Snow started this morning, so I was only able to take pictures inside my already packed garage.. I did the best I can, but I can't wait to see it out in the sunlight - it's getting better looking by the week! Maybe the old adage 'they look better with age' applies to even newer bikes...
Enjoy:

Last edited by kizzletruck; 03-04-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-04-2013 | 05:41 PM
bswearingen
Tourer

that looks great man, id rock it

Old 03-06-2013 | 05:03 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default More Powder... Wheel on Friday

Well guys, after staring at the bike the last couple days for a few hours.. I decided there was not enough black. I pulled off all of the foot controls and sent them off to the powder coat guy. I know they are small parts.. But if this does not satisfy me, the only things left to black out are the mufflers and oil lines. Otherwise everything else is just chrome bolts/bolt covers which I like the way they are..

The 21 X 2.15 King Spoke should be here Friday, so I'll do a test fit on the bike to make sure everything works, then have the tire swapped out from the stock wheel..

After that, I gotta hold off until after the swap meet at the end of the month. I need to find some decent (large) bags and a new jacket for my trip... Needless to say, my original '150lb' jacket does not transfer to fit my '200lb physique' like I'd like it to.

Old 03-06-2013 | 05:31 PM
QC
Club Member

Looks sharp!

Old 03-06-2013 | 06:05 PM
Branner
Road Warrior

Fo shizzle, Kizzle.. Your bike is lookin' fizzle!

The pegs, although a smaller part(s), should be the detail you're looking for to complete the look. It's the small details that help complete the big picture. That new front wheel is going to look kick-***.

Old 03-08-2013 | 04:48 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default King Spoke front is here!

Christmas came early, guys!!

This is the Ultima King Spoke 21 X 2.15 I have been waiting all week for... Seems to be really good quality, I can't wait to have a slab of rubber on it ready to run down the road!

Last edited by kizzletruck; 03-08-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2013 | 11:13 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default Waiting on parts and Spring...

Well guys.. Still at a standstill over the weekend... Was able to get the rear wheel off, and I think some of you will be happy to hear that I removed the belt guards... I have no intention of putting them back on. Looks clean and simple without them. Anyways, the parts I am waiting on are the rear King Spoke, as well as my two Polished SS spoke-style rotors. Sold a couple of the stock parts, so I used that money towards the rotors I wanted. I've got a guy lined up who wants to buy my factory 16" and 21" wheels from me for $275 for the pair. What do you guys think - fair price?

While I was bored nosing around on the forums, I found this thread..
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...nted-pics.html

It is a little thread on painting the chrome dash panel extension. I figured I would try it. Only, I did not spray paint, or use an inexpensive paint. The method I used was to use a bottle of PPG touch up paint (black). I set one end of the panel up at a slant and just poured the paint from the bottle into the grooves of the panel. It created a nice smooth surface and hopefully sticks well. Check it out:

Old 03-13-2013 | 07:03 AM
jonathanlyford
Intermediate

Sounds like a steal to me hope i can get that for mine when i replace them

Quick Reply: "Dark Knight" build begins...