Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Dark Knight" build begins...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012 | 10:49 AM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer

I was able to get some of the inexpensive adjustable shock mount bolts and came up with my own ingenious way of 'making' a press out of a couple 2X4's, my floor jack, and the hitch on my old tractor. Lol. Was able to drop it a lot, but ended raising it up a little bit for passengers. Also installed a Progressive kit up front that dropped it about 2". Threw on a pair of black Avon air cushion w/ throttle boss grips as well. Like them way better than the flame grips that were on it. Won't be riding for a while yet here in MN (although I did go around the block yesterday @ about 9 degrees). It's about 15 degrees right now. Also checked on some prices of powder coating around town.. When I get a spare second I am going to break some parts down off the bike to send out to have coated. Probably looking at the trees, fork lowers, headlight bucket (leave the ring chrome) handlebars (which means I have to pull all of the wires back through)... Probably going to leave the exhaust and horn cover chrome for now to leave a little accent on it. Here is a picture with the lower kits in.. Enjoy.

Old 12-24-2012 | 10:52 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Looks sweet!

Old 12-24-2012 | 11:19 AM
jayzee75
Supporter

Looking really good. It looks so much better lowered. Its amazing what a couple inches does for any bike.

Old 01-23-2013 | 12:32 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default Road King Front End?

Hey guys,

I have been looking for a Fatboy front end for months for the Night Train build. I have been talking some to Lundee about the NT that he has built up and put a nacelle kit on from a RK. MY question is has anyone done a complete swap over? I was planning on shaving the dual disc caliper bracket off of the (right) side if I do. Anyone done this? What is the typical procedure? Cut it down with a cut off/sawzall and grind smooth with a soft disc on an angle grinder?

I know it would look pretty sick when all blacked out, but I was just wondering if anyone has undertaken a project like this. (Road King front end on a Softail). Sure would be interested in reading about it to get some pointers.

Other than that, just looking around at powdercoaters to try to get some ballpark prices lined up.

Keep warm...

-Kizz

Old 01-31-2013 | 01:56 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer
Default A little bored last night - Pictures

Well, I got a little bored last night, so I messed around in Paint with the Night Train picture. I can't put the fat spoke wheels on it in the program, but I can get an idea of 'blacked out'.... Let me know what you guys think...

Before:

After:

Old 01-31-2013 | 04:33 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior

Diggin the black, but I'm biased.

Like the WW too. I'm going the same route, should have them installed by the end of the weekend. They've been just sittin in the garage waiting for my rotors to come back from powder, which I picked up tonight, so it's time to get to work! Also, might want to stop over in the photoshop area on here, some great guys over there who can work wonders with these computer thingies.

Old 01-31-2013 | 05:58 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

yup, I dig it -- I have said it since the 1st time you posted your ride

Old 02-01-2013 | 02:25 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by jreichart
Diggin the black, but I'm biased.

Like the WW too. I'm going the same route, should have them installed by the end of the weekend. They've been just sittin in the garage waiting for my rotors to come back from powder, which I picked up tonight, so it's time to get to work! Also, might want to stop over in the photoshop area on here, some great guys over there who can work wonders with these computer thingies.

Originally Posted by Midgard
yup, I dig it -- I have said it since the 1st time you posted your ride
jreichart: You definitely are going to have some sick wheels on your ride. I'm a spoked wheel guy myself, but those are going to emphasize the term 'black'.

Midgard: You have been there offering support, and urging to spend money.. Like any good fellow-forum-person would do!

I may have to check out this so called 'photoshop forum'... Now I'm hella curious!

Old 02-01-2013 | 02:32 PM
Branner
Road Warrior

Kizzle: I like it. If you want the H-D emblems (shovelhead) that are white and chrome let me know.

I also have the itch to buy a Cadillac.... Or vandalize one....

Old 02-01-2013 | 03:01 PM
kizzletruck
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Branner
Kizzle: I like it. If you want the H-D emblems (shovelhead) that are white and chrome let me know.

I also have the itch to buy a Cadillac.... Or vandalize one....
I may be interested... I was kind of looking for a set of vintage style emblems. Are they the type that attach with and adhesive plate with screws for the emblem?

Kizz

Quick Reply: "Dark Knight" build begins...