Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy White Walls, opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012 | 10:05 PM
bikerlaw
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by toocruisin'
Check out post #5; WWW on full chrome disc's; somewhere on the boards I saw a blue Fatboy with your exact rims, but I haven't been able to locate it.
Thanks for the link. Yep, I am familiar with that thread. At least IMHO, I think those wheels work on that bike. I am thinking that WWW's will work on mine for the same reason. Fingers crossed at this point......

Old 09-06-2012 | 07:47 AM
aaamax
Road Captain

Xlnt. I'm glad to hear you're going for it.
The disks are the nuts in my opinion and not having a tube is just icing on the cake. I don't think you'll regret it. The only reason I went with an 18" up front is because I'm a rather big ouff of a guy and the front just felt too small when I was on the saddle. Now had there been an 18" stock disk, I would have been alllll over that like flies on ****. And yes, WWW alllll the way.
PS The new Avon Cobras ( i think they replaced the Venoms) are the best yet... and I've ridden most brands and misc models... unreal handling.

Old 09-06-2012 | 10:10 AM
SprungDave
Road Warrior

You KNOW I am a fan of whitewalls. When I read the post, my initial thought was "No." But in seeing the Photoshop of your bike with the whitewalls, it actually looks good. But you have to keep the rims polished brightly. The dull aluminum of a standard Fatboy rim is not ideal with the whitewall.

If you do go whitewall, I recommend the Dunlop. The Harley-branded WWW in size MT90B16 (130wide) for the front and MU85B16 (140 wide) for the rear will work out great. The Dunlop MU85B16 has the added advantage of 2/32 more tread depth than the MT90B16 size so you will get a few more miles out of it before replacing. I'm sure there are other WWW options for a fatboy rear tire that is wider (I do not know how wide you can fit, but the 140 I described above will definitely be no problem).

Ride safe.

Old 09-06-2012 | 12:11 PM
prldrm
Tourer

I just noticed the photoshop job and your bike looks strangely good with white walls. My only input is that it'd look way better with a bigger fender like the Deluxe/Heritage. The dinky fender just doesn't do well with the overall look.

Old 09-06-2012 | 01:39 PM
Knucky
Road Captain

Originally Posted by prldrm
I just noticed the photoshop job and your bike looks strangely good with white walls. My only input is that it'd look way better with a bigger fender like the Deluxe/Heritage. The dinky fender just doesn't do well with the overall look.
+1, I totally agree with this.

Old 09-06-2012 | 06:20 PM
bikerlaw
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks guys. Avon's are the most likely choice. I have always had good luck with them. I have heard the touring guys rave on the the new Dunlops but I just don't know. The bike has a 150/80-16 on the back now so that's the size I will stick with.

I thought I might swap a Heritage fender up front but the stock fender is what makes a Fat Boy unique. I guess I need to see it on the road before I commit to any big changes. Oh, and I will be keeping both the factory chrome wheels AND the WWW's spotless. I'm A.D.D. that way anyhow. Lol.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 09-07-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-11-2012 | 02:07 AM
aaamax
Road Captain

here's a nice pic of a fatboy disks with WW i saw on the web.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy White Walls, opinions please.-fatboy-7-42161.jpg  
Old 09-11-2012 | 06:51 AM
bikerlaw
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks for the pic aaamax. I recently turned 7K on my current tires so I have a bit more time before I actually need to order new tires. As I have mentioned, I still am up in the air about tire brand. I'm hoping if I hang tight I can find the right seller with the right tires for cheap. I initially figured Avon was my best choice, but if I can get a quality set of brand name WWW tires for that fire sale price, I am jumping on it. Avon or not.

Old 09-12-2012 | 01:29 AM
GT Trooper
Stage II

I'm liking mine.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 09-12-2012 | 01:33 AM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Riders Club Member

Just recently saw a pic of one & personally I think your blackwalls look great.

Remember--it is better to NOT do something & be sorry, than TO DO something & be sorry.

Quick Reply: Fat Boy White Walls, opinions please.