Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy White Walls, opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012 | 03:57 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by false58
Had to have a 06 nitetrain 200mm tire didnt like the way it handled kept it 1 year. last purchase was a 2011 Fatboy didnt like the way it handled i think the 200mm tire was a mistake by the MC. got rid of that in about a year and a half currently have a 2004 fatboy love it better handling just as fast and paid for always a plus good luck on whatever you buy if i were you i would rent a new one for a day and make your choice then.

What does this have to do with OP wanting white walls on his Fat Boy??

(ps- I also doubt the 200 mm tire was your problem)

Old 09-03-2012 | 04:13 PM
Knucky
Road Captain

Here you go:

Fat Boy White Walls, opinions please.-azieo.jpg

The following users liked this post:
chappy205 (12-27-2020)
Old 09-03-2012 | 04:17 PM
bikerlaw
|
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by aaamax
Bikelaw-
What size are your disks?.
I have 16's front and rear.

Thingfish and tony, yes, I do think the spokes really are what makes the difference. I agree with you guys all the way. Yeah, I probably should buy the good stuff and just sell the stock wheels. I would imagine some one would want them and once I make the switch to spokes, I most likely won't go back. I'm just struggling with this silly little decision because those chrome disc wheels were one of the things I really liked about the bike when I saw it sitting on the dealers showroom. They pretty much are what make the Fat Boys unique.
Damnit.....lol

Old 09-03-2012 | 04:18 PM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member

You asked for opinions, white walls do NOT belong on Fatboys, at all.

Old 09-03-2012 | 05:26 PM
lupus
Tourer

Like everyone else I'd go spokes if you're going WW. But I'd also throw in that I personally think your bad a$$ 15th anniversary emblem is cooler than your solid discs. Maybe highlight that with some golden rims or spokes?
YMMV of course.

Old 09-03-2012 | 05:39 PM
St Glide
Cruiser

I too have a Fatboy. Mine has old school color scheme torquoise blue and grey. I also wanted to go with white walls but chose ont to my bike has the Harley Thunder Star wheels but like most of the guys are saying I to believe if I was gonna go with the WW tires I would get spokes. Stay away from cheepo tires you life is riding on them. Just my opinion.

Old 09-03-2012 | 05:41 PM
Trey Hogger
Road Master

After seeing the photoshop pic of your Fatboy with the whitewalls, I like your bike better as is. I've never been big on whitewalls anyway, but on some bikes they are a good contrast, like on a black bike. Somehow they'd make your bike color look sour. ?? As aways, to each his own, I hope you like what you eventually do - that's what matters most.

Old 09-03-2012 | 05:45 PM
trooper50
Road Captain

Don't know if I'm doing this correctly, but here is a thread I started back when I put white walls on my 09 Fatboy. Some say white walls and spokes don't go on a fatboy at all, but I like the look... And, at the end of the day it's my money...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ight=trooper50

The following users liked this post:
chappy205 (12-27-2020)
Old 09-03-2012 | 06:27 PM
St Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by trooper50
Don't know if I'm doing this correctly, but here is a thread I started back when I put white walls on my 09 Fatboy. Some say white walls and spokes don't go on a fatboy at all, but I like the look... And, at the end of the day it's my money...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ight=trooper50
It's all a matter of what style you like and your taste. The way you did your bike is MY STYLE! I dig it! It looks Bas A$$!

Old 09-03-2012 | 06:28 PM
St Glide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by St Glide
It's all a matter of what style you like and your taste. The way you did your bike is MY STYLE! I dig it! It looks Bas A$$!
I mean Bad A$$! Lol!

Quick Reply: Fat Boy White Walls, opinions please.