Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bars are done on my Fatty. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: My bars are done. PICS

Yes, Shorter bars usually are more responsive because their so rigid and they are in a more natural position. It took only 10 miles for me to get comfortable with them. Yes there is more wind blast. Which means more fatigue on long rides. All though I did 400 miles in five days and it has not posed a problem yet. The longest ride during that time was 100 miles. The real test like I said be 300 plus mile trips. Now having a family and owning a home and other responsibilities has cut riding time down a huge amount. Before the brothers and I would just get up on sat and decide to go on ao 300 mile trip. I would go on many many rides during the year. I went across country twice. I did ha hell of a lot of riding. Now that I cannot do that many long rides I have decided to put the apes on my my bike. When I had my 92 I always wished I could put apes on them because I loved the look but I just rode to much. I want to spend the time on the road enjoying the sights not riding in pain hurrying to the next gas stop. Now, I still ride everyday to work and go on rides with the club but a lot less. The brothers are ok with it. I still the VP after 10 years. Anyway, It's kinda funny because for the short time I have had them I have had more people compliment the bike in 4 days than I have had in the last two months. People love that ape hanger look.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Beefcake
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, the apes are really cool....old school. I haven't gone on very long trips yet....the furthest being Long Beach from Yorba Linda. When I ride, I stay close to home, but I ride in big circles. I ride 100 miles pretty easily. I just need to get the new seat on there before I try anything longer. The seat I have on there now is so friggin uncomfortable after an hour or two. I need to get some more miles under my belt before I start venturing further away from home. I was also having those problems with stalling a few months ago, so I was always paranoid that I'd get stranded somewhere.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:52 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Get it all straightened out by the end of sept. We are planing a Reno run. Leaving on friday and returning on sun or mon.