Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My bars are done on my Fatty. PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 01:31 PM
05 DELUXE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: My bars are done. PICS

sweet looking bike!!

Old 08-08-2005, 02:26 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Babs, Thanks for the thumbs up. The bars quality is top notch. Order them asap because depending on which ones you like a few are back ordered with no release date.
Heritagejoe, They are Wild One 16" part number WO509. I really like this set up. Like I said before I rode 100 miles Sunday without any problem. People in cages seem to love apes because I got about 7 thumbs up yesterday. The most I ever got in one day. lol

Old 08-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Longhair4life

Babs, Thanks for the thumbs up. The bars quality is top notch. Order them asap because depending on which ones you like a few are back ordered with no release date.
Heritagejoe, They are Wild One 16" part number WO509. I really like this set up. Like I said before I rode 100 miles Sunday without any problem. People in cages seem to love apes because I got about 7 thumbs up yesterday. The most I ever got in one day. lol
oooooweee! Backordered!? Yikes.
I guess the effective PR campaign is working.

Another thing that's way cool about your bike is the chromed out front end, that I'm contemplating, but wondering just how much fun it is to swap out the fork sliders.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:18 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

The 12.5 inch apes were back ordered with no release date. My friend wanted to get some beach type bars but the ones he wanted were also back ordered. If the 12.5s were not on back order then I would have put them on the bike but I am happy I did finally go with 16s. It would suck if I had the twelves and then later had to switch to 16s that would an expensive mistake. Yesterday while riding I seen a guy with very high apes. He had a very small Le Pera bare bones seat on his springer. He was reaching for th sky with his. He had the 20" ones. It looked very uncomfortable for a guy who was probably 5 foot 5 inches. He said he usually rides with 6 other guys that all have apes that range from 16" to 24" He says it is a sight to see when they are all together. He told me that when he goes on long rides he has to stop every 60-70 miles to loosen himself up before continuing. That would kill the fun of the ride for me.

Old 08-08-2005, 04:45 PM
wmiconi
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOOOOOOO SWEET!!!

I was thinking about 14 inchers but that looks way to cool.

W

Old 08-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

By the way the color looks black but is actually deep purple. At night it looks totally black.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

By the way sorry about the messy garage. It is a work in progress. Most of the pics here I see garages that look like model homes.

Old 08-11-2005, 02:13 PM
heritagejoe
Novice

Thanks for the info on the bars. What about the cables?? Where did you get them and how much over stock did you need to get?? Also how much over on the brake like?? Damm it sure does look good.

Thanks

Old 08-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

The braided lines are Barnett. Sorry, I don't have the sizes. Los Angeles HD did the work. They ordered all the parts. Also the bars I had on it were not stock so if I did have the info it may be wrong. I have had them on for about 6 days and rode about 400 miles and have no discomfort. The real test will be a ride over 300 in a day. In the begining of sept I may go to oakland which is 300+ miles each way. I will see then.

Old 08-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Beefcake
Tourer

What did you think about all the wind hitting you in the chest? I noticed on my bike when I had the mini-apes, it opened me up like a parachute and made it uncomfortable to ride. I had to fight to stay on the bike. How do you like the change in handling? I swaped mine out for drag bars and noticed a big difference in the handling of the bike.

Quick Reply: My bars are done on my Fatty. PICS