Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help... Bags, Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 02:12 AM
J-Dog
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help... Bags, Maybe?

Hey fellas,
So i got this crazy idea and i am thinking about putting Hard Bags on the Lo. Do i need a sanity check or is it a good idea. right now i am on the fence but I am moving back to SOCAL and i know ill probably commuting a lot more and i know the bags would help.

Im thinking hard bags, but i have no idea where to start as far as what kind, what brackets are needed etc.

Any help or Ideas are appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Old 09-01-2012, 05:37 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Not stupid/usefull. Looks be damned if your going to ride and use a bike to it's potential you got to have some storage. Rain gear; dry gloves; first aid kit; tire patch kit; tools; .45. You're at the mercy of someone else if theres no place for escentials. I put some Road King Classic bags on mine with cycle vision brackets and look good and like they belong there. Got some locks from BK ent. for a bit more security. They been on there for 12k and bikes naked without them now. Not quite as much storage as the hard bags but take a beating better and look like they were ment to be. I even picked up a RK Classic trunk at a garage sale for the long trips. Don't like the looks as much but storage is what I need for the long haul.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:09 AM
HarleyGyrene
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep. Love my bags. Cycle Visions has all the right brackets

Old 09-01-2012, 09:40 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Like everyone will tell you, cycle vision has the best brackets. You can pick up some used bags with hardware on ebay if you are patient. I went with stretched bags and stretched fender because I like that look. If you decide on getting new bags, you will spend a small fortune on bags, lids, hardware, locks, and paint. Its up to you, but I love how it looks, and having storage is great.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
Like everyone will tell you, cycle vision has the best brackets. You can pick up some used bags with hardware on ebay if you are patient. I went with stretched bags and stretched fender because I like that look. If you decide on getting new bags, you will spend a small fortune on bags, lids, hardware, locks, and paint. Its up to you, but I love how it looks, and having storage is great.
This.

CV brackets are great...close to struts and solid.

Pic here will give you an idea on the fitment. Close enough that no filler is needed.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:59 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

There is nothing wrong with bags at all! Nothing. Hard bags are a good option but to me, with the vast array of quality leather bags like Leather Pros, Iron Bags ect..... hard bags are just another option.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Totally Bored
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I wanted Hard Bags but I couldn't find ones that I liked that had the quick detach option as I'm only gonna have them on occasionally so I went the Leather Pros. It was a good choice for me because I've used them maybe 4 times this year.

Old 09-01-2012, 06:17 PM
dansax
Elite HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Just get a Streetglide or Roadglide. It's probably gonna cost an arm and a leg to transform the Lo into a bagger anyway.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Detach for sure! Their are times you gotta have them. But usually not. Otherwise, just get a bagger.