Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Labriola Foot clutch and Carlini bars installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012 | 03:20 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Originally Posted by BootsAndPants
New to this scene, but these look friggin awesome! Any idea if the jockey shifter would fit with a true dual exhaust, or would that be more of a tankshift sort of thing? I'm looking at pictures and kind of imagining that the LHS pipe would interfere with the jockey shift.

You can do this a couple ways....

1. Run a tank shift. This will allow you to not hit the back of the rear jug headpipe.

2. Remove the entire primary (inner too) and re-position the shift lever on the shift shaft coming out of the transmission. If you do this, you'll need a new (or different) lever from La Briola, as turning the shift lever back one tooth will make the shifter hit the inside of the inner primary.

3. Run a regular shifter with the true duals.

I am currently working option #2. Rick has been so kind as to bend me a new arm, and send it to me so I can determine how long I want it. The bend will be 1" up from the regular location. Once I know the length, it's going back to him for the threads, and chrome. All this for some Samson true duals with super cholos.

But hey, while I've got the primary off, I figured it was a good time to add a chrome inner.

I also have relocated my coil, which I believe you would need to do as well.

Old 09-12-2012 | 03:31 PM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior

Not sure why you'd want or need to reindex your primary, when your going to use a bespoke lever anyways, like I sais in my previous post Rick sent me a raw lever, I've had it bent to fit round the pipe, and now I have the choice of getting it chromed or PC'd, big job to take the inner and outer primary off, when it gets you to the same place without doing it.
I've had my lever done and all mine is ready to fit, I've had the setup in the garage ready to fit since last Xmas, just havent got round to putting it on. It's going on in the next few weeks.

Old 09-12-2012 | 04:48 PM
truckin
Tourer

nice look

Old 09-12-2012 | 04:51 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

With a tank shifter and true duals you will need to bend your shift linkage to allow clearance for the left side exhaust. This is what I did.

Old 09-12-2012 | 04:53 PM
BootsAndPants
Cruiser

Thanks for the info on the duals all.

Old 09-12-2012 | 06:58 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

You nailed it Jay, the Carlini bars have a better angle to it, especially where you are on risers now you can adjust that. With the RSD bars, you did a creative initiative to cut them to make them fit your stock triple, but I still like your new setup better. You got that some tricked out bro!

Old 09-12-2012 | 07:58 PM
blindrocket
Road Master

What bars did you have before, Jay?

The Carlini bars look awesome, but almost look too wide apart. But that may be super comfortable.

Old 09-12-2012 | 08:49 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by blindrocket
What bars did you have before, Jay?

The Carlini bars look awesome, but almost look too wide apart. But that may be super comfortable.

See his Avatar pic - they were RSD bars that he cut and fit into the top of the trees, but they had to go at the same angle as the forks cause there was no riser. (the new ones are adjustable cause there is a new top tree and risers) - correct me if I am wrong Jay

These ones are pretty wide but I think it matches up good with that big 250 out back.

Old 09-12-2012 | 09:11 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member

Propz! No doubt.

+1 Nastiest BL I've seen.

Old 09-12-2012 | 09:16 PM
slvdout
Cruiser

Oh Man thats awesome

Quick Reply: Labriola Foot clutch and Carlini bars installed!!