Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail EFI Lucky **** kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Bikeswainsmate
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail EFI Lucky **** kit

So before i got the kit i was doing some research and it was really hard to find out what i was getting myself into. Just about the only thing i could find was on the website of a company that sold the kit. www.scootersperformance.com

So i went ahead and purchased the entire kit just out of curiosity. The Initial price of all the parts came out to $720.00 plus tax. When i got the parts a few days later i found out that contrary to what the sales person told me over the phone (just stating facts) the stock EFI fuel pump of my 2004 Softail FXSTI, DID NOT bolt on to the bottom of the EFI tank. The EFI pump that works has to be from a EFI Sportster. So my two options were 1, order a new from HD which is about $500. or 2, try Ebay or Craigslist. I was lucky to find one 2 hours away for a decent price.

So after i picked up the fuel pump i went ahead and Kreemed the inside of the tank which set me back another $50, and was messy as hell. The next thing i had to purchase was a new brake light/license plate. I used www.noschoolchoppers.com because i had used them before and i love the brake lights the make. That set me back another $120.

After test fitting all the parts i decided to powder coat the tank adapter, seat kit and struts which ran another $150. Got all the parts back from powder coating and put the tank adapter and seat on the bike only to find out that the ECU did not fit under the seat. option 1, build some type of bracket and mount it between the rear fender and the seat, or 2, Purchase a swing arm bag which cost about $150, and relocate the Computer and power commander into the bag. I personally like the swing arm bags so that what I did.

The final step was to paint the tank and rear fender. I went with a Lava Red which matched my 2012 Frontier. The quality of the tank and fender aren't really top notch, so between body work and paint i spent $500 to have it painted by some shady Mexican dude named "Pepe" which would only accept cash...lol. Long story short I knew he was legit from a friend of a friend. So after the tank and fender came back from paint I was nearly $2,000 into this kit. Now that everything is on the bike, I still have to line the seat with a leather pad just like the one on the picture of the Lucky F*cker kit, and cover the battery under the seat with a piece of leather or canvas much like the kit shows in the pictures.

My intentions on writing this is NOT to discourage anyone from buying this kit, or to advertise any products that i used. I just wanted to shine a light on some of the things that you might not think about when purchasing a kit like this one. I honestly don't regret buying this kit, and i still think it looks pretty bad ***. So i hope this helps anyone thinking about buying this kit, or just someone trying to set a budget for your next weekend project. I'm sure i missed a few things and if you have any question just ask. I got some before and after pics just to show what the kit looks like.

Attached Thumbnails Softail EFI Lucky **** kit-before.jpg   Softail EFI Lucky **** kit-during.jpg   Softail EFI Lucky **** kit-after-2.jpg   Softail EFI Lucky **** kit-after-w-truck.jpg  

Last edited by Bikeswainsmate; 08-25-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Sorry dude that almost to much info without any paragraph breaks..

My old eyes got dizzy just trying to go back and forth on the page when going to the next line..

I'll be OK, going to fix a J&C to help fix the issue...

Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Bikeswainsmate
Advanced

If you were thinking about spending 2 grand on the kit I'm sure you would read it.

Old 08-24-2012, 05:44 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

looks good man 1st one ive seen besides the catalog custom chrome
now you really have a custom because of all the extra work you did. like that red too
sweet

Old 08-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Bikeswainsmate
Advanced

Thanks.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WTF is the kit this guy is talking about?

Old 08-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Now it came out very nice I like it looks great... all the kits are never as cheap as they claim....lol The finished product is something you should be proud of..

Old 08-24-2012, 08:19 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,378 Likes on 2,577 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Sorry dude that almost to much info without any paragraph breaks..

My old eyes got dizzy just trying to go back and forth on the page when going to the next line..

I'll be OK, going to fix a J&C to help fix the issue...

sneekin drinks out of my bottle r ya. damn I thought it was going down way to fast

looks good but ouch on the price

Old 08-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Liberator
Cruiser

my eyes hurt and without paragraphs i'm way too drunk to read this

Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks sweet, like an old school hard tail.

Quick Reply: Softail EFI Lucky **** kit