Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Blowzo
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimmyZ06
I have had mine for almost 2 and a half months and love it. I have almost 4300 miles on her already including a 1500 mile round trip from FL to StL and back. Only got minimal mountain twisties on the return trip through from StL through TN and KY. The bike is smooth in all environments in my opinion.
I ahve no regrets buying the Slim and look forward to each time I ride! Of course the Slim is my first Harley, first motorcycle actually, but it has me wondering why I waited so damn long to get a Harley!

Cheers,
Jim
AWESOME!!! I'm glad you are enjoying it, and it looks like actually using it!!! Great stuff man....

Old 09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Blowzo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Softail Slim
My Slim will go to the workshop tomorrow. It will get the 17" Cross Bones rear wheel with the 200 tire and the chopped Fatboy rear fender.

I installed the fender yesterday and taped the contours for the final cut. As for the shape of the new fender, I used the stock fender as a role model. I decided to use the Fatboy fender supports only, without the long strut covers that go all the way to the very end of the fender. The result is a nice and short solution that come pretty close to the Slim's stock struts.

I moved the tail lights forward, instead of installing them where the Fatboy has them (the two holes at the very end of the fender).

I will post images of the bike as soon as I get it back from the workshop.
Oh man I can't wait to see the pictures. Very cool idea. Perhaps I missed it, but what seat are you running there? How do you like it?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Softail Slim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowzo
Oh man I can't wait to see the pictures. Very cool idea. Perhaps I missed it, but what seat are you running there? How do you like it?
Thanks, Blowzo. The bike is in the shop now. Hope to get it back by the end of next week. I promise to post pics as soon as I have it back.

The seat is the Vinyl Brawler Seat from H-D. It is the most comfortable seats I had on the Slim so far. I also had the Blackline's seat installed for the past few weeks (the tails of the Slim and the Blackline are identical). Here's a pic of my Slim with the Blackline seat installed:

Old 09-04-2012, 04:27 PM
Blowzo
Cruiser

This may sound crazy but I could see using your tape line for a 1/4 inch Pinstripe of the bottom of the rockers to match your curve... hmmmm ....So many ideas..... I love it.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Hedghawg71
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a good looking bike no doubt and sitting on one a while back at American Eagle HD I can conform it is also a light weight bike as well. Just ain't my thing. I like Springers and Ape hangers on my bikes though.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is your plan with the plastic lower fender thingy? It isn't wide enough for the 200 tire. I was thinking of just trimming the sides off mine.

Last edited by Zedrx; 09-04-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: wrong quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Softail Slim
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zedrx
What is your plan with the plastic lower fender thingy? It isn't wide enough for the 200 tire. I was thinking of just trimming the sides off mine.

Hi Zedrx.

As far as I know, they will either use the rock guard from a Harley that has a stock 200 rear tire (if my memory serves, they have an old Fatboy guard that they don't need anymore) or an aftermarket steel rock guard.

But you're right. Trimming the sides would do the trick just as good. And it is certainly the cheapest solution, too.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:18 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Softail Slim, looks great man. I was actually thinking about going the other way on my Crossbones. Finding the rear wheel from a Slim and swapping to a rigid style fender.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Softail Slim, looks great man. I was actually thinking about going the other way on my Crossbones. Finding the rear wheel from a Slim and swapping to a rigid style fender.
Just sent you a PM.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GeeRam
Indeed, probably something I'll do to mine later on.

When I was in my dealer at the weekend signing the docs for mine, they had a customised Slim in the showroom, that had been painted a vintage style cream colour with brown pinstriping, with vintage tank
badges, white walls, and brown
leather seat & copper oil lines.
Geeram: any idea where the brown seat came from? Or was it the two-tone sprung from HD?
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!