Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I remember that traffic from my days at Ft.Bliss.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:33 AM
Blowzo
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

How is everyone liking their rides? Are you happy with the handling? What about highway riding? And the mountain twists?

Old 09-03-2012, 02:03 AM
hamajun
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking to get a Softail Slim for myself. Please keep posting your mods pics!

Old 09-03-2012, 02:18 AM
hamajun
6th Gear

I am thinking to get a Softail Slim for myself. Please keep posting your mods pics!

Old 09-03-2012, 05:59 AM
lupus
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowzo
How is everyone liking their rides? Are you happy with the handling? What about highway riding? And the mountain twists?
I love it. For me it handles great but I'm coming from a sporty 48. Loved that bike too. I've only been up to about 80 on the interstate and no 'real' distance yet however.
I'm still getting used to the lean angle from the sporty with the boards and the very low seat height.
No regrets here.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Bluegrass Phil
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 22 Posts

Drove it in the hills slopes of Burgundy, on the highway and downtown Mâcon and it did well in all the situations. I love that Slim !

Old 09-03-2012, 08:34 AM
JimmyZ06
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blowzo
I have had mine for almost 2 and a half months and love it. I have almost 4300 miles on her already including a 1500 mile round trip from FL to StL and back. Only got minimal mountain twisties on the return trip through from StL through TN and KY. The bike is smooth in all environments in my opinion.
I ahve no regrets buying the Slim and look forward to each time I ride! Of course the Slim is my first Harley, first motorcycle actually, but it has me wondering why I waited so damn long to get a Harley!

Cheers,
Jim

Old 09-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Softail Slim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Slim will go to the workshop tomorrow. It will get the 17" Cross Bones rear wheel with the 200 tire and the chopped Fatboy rear fender.

I installed the fender yesterday and taped the contours for the final cut. As for the shape of the new fender, I used the stock fender as a role model. I decided to use the Fatboy fender supports only, without the long strut covers that go all the way to the very end of the fender. The result is a nice and short solution that comes pretty close to the Slim's stock struts.

I moved the tail lights forward, instead of installing them where the Fatboy has them (the two holes at the very end of the fender).

I will post images of the bike as soon as I get it back from the workshop.

Last edited by Softail Slim; 09-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tienbm (04-02-2018)
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Softail Slim
My Slim will go to the workshop tomorrow. It will get the 17" Cross Bones rear wheel with the 200 tire and the chopped Fatboy rear fender.

I installed the fender yesterday and taped the contours for the final cut. As for the shape of the new fender, I used the stock fender as a role model. I decided to use the Fatboy fender supports only, without the long strut covers that go all the way to the very end of the fender. The result is a nice and short solution that come pretty close to the Slim's stock struts.

I moved the tail lights forward, instead of installing them where the Fatboy has them (the two holes at the very end of the fender).

I will post images of the bike as soon as I get it back from the workshop.
Damn you for beating me to this. lol. I have my fatboy fender on it's was as I type. I'm on the prowl for a Crossbones rear wheel. Where did you get yours and what did it set you back?

Old 09-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Softail Slim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the used fender from ebay for less than 200 bucks.

Bought the wheel, fender supports, brackets and brawler seat brand new from California HD in L.A. The wheel was around $800, fender supports and brackets $150 and the seat $180.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!