Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Road_Star
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Looks good, Road Star. How much did you lower it?
Thanks

1 inch

Old 04-23-2013, 02:19 PM
VWNESTA
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Phil
My new painting and emblems and also the Moon Gourd air cleaner. As you can see I love old school look !

man I like that air cleaner cover, what filter you using, I have the SE filter on my deluxe, hmmm should fit under this cover I believe...

Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Platinum
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Road_Star
Thanks

1 inch
What did you use to lower? One inch makes a big visual difference. "That's what she said." Seriously tho, looks good.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:54 PM
Road_Star
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Platinum
What did you use to lower? One inch makes a big visual difference. "That's what she said." Seriously tho, looks good.
Thanks for the complement.

I hate to admit it, but I don't know exactly what kit/parts were used to lower my bike. My local H-D dealer did it for me and all I know is it is a 1" lowering kit. I could dig out my paperwork and maybe give you more info. I worked out all the mods and had them done before I ever brought it home.

Old 04-24-2013, 02:54 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Phil
My new painting and emblems and also the Moon Gourd air cleaner. As you can see I love old school look !

Moon air cleaner looks fab

I saw that a few months ago, when I was on the Mooneyes site looking to order their finned Derby cover, but I wasn't sure whether that air cleaner would work on the Slim or not.

Old 04-25-2013, 12:49 PM
BenderIsTheKnight
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Evil Slim - Tall Riders

Originally Posted by Ronin99
Thanks guys. Yeah it's been a long process of STARING at the bike... seeing the best routes to take. Now I just want to ride and hit up Rock on the Docks and Taco Thursdays...
Hey Ronin99 - Definitely nice work on the Slim. Great job all around, especially the apes.

Let me ask you a couple questions: How tall are you? I'm 6'2 and about to pull the trigger on a Slim but my HD salesman is telling me the bike seems a little too small for me. He's suggesting a FatBoy instead. I saw your video on Youtube and your bike seems to fit you pretty well. Did you relocate the floorboards forward as part of your mods? (Has anyone else reading this post made that modification?).

When i test-rode the Slim it felt OK, but the truth is the Fatboy does offer a little more leg extension due to the slightly taller seat height. Heart set on the Slim, head telling me maybe I should go Fatboy (Compromise being the Fatboy Lo?)

Any feedback or suggestions from other tall FLS riders would be appreciated.

-Bender

Old 04-25-2013, 01:21 PM
Bluegrass Phil
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 22 Posts
Thumbs up

Hello, that's a Moon Gourd air cleaner cover and I had to buy a Joker Machine plate with a 4" K&N air filter. Now I have to test the bike and redo the SEPST Tuning since I used to have a SE regular air cleaner which is larger. I'll let you know about the test results in few days.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:25 PM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BenderIsTheKnight
When i test-rode the Slim it felt OK, but the truth is the Fatboy does offer a little more leg extension due to the slightly taller seat height. Heart set on the Slim, head telling me maybe I should go Fatboy (Compromise being the Fatboy Lo?)
If you like the Slim, get one, and just change the seat for one that sits taller. Better option than buying a bike you don't like so much.

That's what I've done, as the stock Slim seat is too low for my long legs. The Harley 'springer' seats sit higher, and add to the 'vintage' look as well.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:23 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by GeeRam
If you like the Slim, get one, and just change the seat for one that sits taller. Better option than buying a bike you don't like so much.

That's what I've done, as the stock Slim seat is too low for my long legs. The Harley 'springer' seats sit higher, and add to the 'vintage' look as well.
Absolutely right. But now that I am sold on the higher sitting HD spring solo on my Slim, I'm probably gonna lower the scoot an inch.

Name:  IMG_0425_zpsf26715bb.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  108.3 KB

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 04-25-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 PM
kimber70
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Slim

New mods

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!