Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out Road6 Customs for plate holders as well. Cheap and well made. I just ordered a mustang seat, p-pad, fender bib, and I'm contemplating doing se55 cams as well.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:49 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Nice looking bike, man. I think you definitely made the right call on the black seat, as opposed to brown. And the toolbox looks much better on your bike than the brown swingarm bag.

If you care what others think, and you shouldn't, I will hazard that going back to the half-moon shaped floorboards would compliment the lines of the bike better. And I'd say go back to the black bullet signals, as well. But that's just me. I'm a "less is more" kinda guy when it comes to the Slim. It's such a beautiful bike bone stock, I don't see much to be improved on. Just personal touches here and there.

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 03-19-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:26 PM
Platinum
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=SoCalSoftailSlim;11051693]Nice looking bike, man. I think you definitely made the right call on the black seat, as opposed to brown. And the toolbox looks much better on your bike than the brown swingarm bag.

I agree with that. For some reason, the brown accents look better with the black denim than gloss black. I have that same swing arm bag, it looks like crap when it gets overstuffed.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 PM
K.Harland_17
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

jam, they plate i have is made by road6 customs. good quality and the price is good also.

i loved that solo seat but i took it off cause i have those wild1 chubby knuckles on there and i was sitting way to high over the bars. thats why i went back to the stock seat and did a little modifying with that. i forgot to mention that i have tank emblems on the way too. not really feeling those tank emblems on there now. honestly in my opinion harley makes such a good retro bike they should have put some retro style tank emblems on there like how socalsoftailslim has. awesome bike bro!

Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by K.Harland_17
jam, they plate i have is made by road6 customs. good quality and the price is good also.

i loved that solo seat but i took it off cause i have those wild1 chubby knuckles on there and i was sitting way to high over the bars. thats why i went back to the stock seat and did a little modifying with that. i forgot to mention that i have tank emblems on the way too. not really feeling those tank emblems on there now. honestly in my opinion harley makes such a good retro bike they should have put some retro style tank emblems on there like how socalsoftailslim has. awesome bike bro!
Thanks Hartland. Post those tank emblems when you get a chance!

Trip about going back to the stock seat. I am planning on doing some wiring work for a LED light in coming weeks, so I put my stock seat back on just for easier access. (Taking the spring solo on and off involves a lot more wrenching.)

Well, I find that stock seat is pretty damned nice looking and you sit IN the bike as opposed to ON it. Gotta say, I'm really diggin it and maybe should have considered a gel insert for it before I went to the spring solo.

The spring solo is better for my ****, and looks great. But that stock seat makes you feel like you're a fighter pilot.

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 03-20-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Coyote_Kid
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dproto09
Yes sir. Good eyes
Just curious why you think the seat is uncool...your bike looks great!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
GeeRam
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by K.Harland_17
Really like that Model A rear light/side mount plate bracket

Toolboxes look good don't they, I put a black one on my Slim as well over the winter.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SlimFan
Attachment 268321
All stock for now.
IMO, other than CVOs, The Slim looks best bone stock...

Old 03-20-2013, 03:38 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by WildThang
IMO, other than CVOs, The Slim looks best bone stock...
I gotta admit, I think so too. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just saved my bread and kept it just like they made it. Cept for the emblem change I made. haha.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM
K.Harland_17
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

socalsoftailslim,

where did you get those mirrors? i was showing my pops your bike and he wants a set of those mirrors you have

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!