Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin99
I'm finally done with my winter mods and lucky me Seattle was sunny today... cold, but clear.

Check out the video I made with help from my Deluxe buddy. Note: I've never really heard my exhaust under load in a video before but I think I may have over done hammering the throttle...

http://youtu.be/iaUXd88S704
Sounds good to me too. Nice lid. And I take it your floorboards are stock? I'm surprised how forward the controls look, which is nice.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Ronin99
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by elizer
Sounds good too me. I really like the look of the freight train nacelle. ALso picked up the Pist Apes from carlini reverse bend of yours. Glad i went with 14 looks about where i want them to be.
Thanks elizer. I was looking at RKs for the nacelle look but the Slim route was cheaper and cooler. I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing what the Pist Apes look like on. I was close to buying those instead. it's really surprising that the 14's are as high as they are. I'm 6ft. and would hate the 17's for anything longer that an hour of riding - course it matters about which seat you use.

Originally Posted by jam436
Nice place Seattle.
I had a chance to visit there when I got an invite to the Windows 95 Launch event at the Microsoft campus in Bellevue.
The whole town looked like it was carved out of a forest - and you got some seriously laid back people up there...
I liked it so much I thought about moving there.

< sorry...
Seattle has fantastic riding (when it's sunny, it can't be beat) and the people are nice enough however everyone is bit passive aggressive and the worst part... horrible drivers...

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Sounds good to me too. Nice lid. And I take it your floorboards are stock? I'm surprised how forward the controls look, which is nice.
thanks SoCal. I love my Lick's helmet - one of my favorites and the floorboards are bone stock.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
AHH
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default In hand any day now

Can hardly wait for this new 2013 to deliver this week.

Name:  IMG_2624.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  148.8 KB

Last edited by AHH; 03-04-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:01 PM
elizer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ronin im 6ft even too. I like the sound of that im glad i got the 14s now.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 PM
Ronin99
Cruiser

Elizer... let me know if you need any help with the cable lengths. I can give you a few tips. Magnumsheilding.com is the first

Old 03-04-2013, 11:46 PM
Ronin99
Cruiser

Calling all Slims - I'd like to get a bunch of riders together to plan an amazing trek to CO this summer. I was thinking how cool it would be to meet up with a few HD Forum Slims along the way or at the destination. CO, WY and UT i hear has some amazing scenery and rides. I'm originating from Seattle, thinking of heading thru OR, ID, and UT then circling back thru WY and MT. Trying to see if there'd be any interest. Thinking July. Let me know if you'd be interested?!

Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
GYMSBYJO
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin99
Calling all Slims - I'd like to get a bunch of riders together to plan an amazing trek to CO this summer. I was thinking how cool it would be to meet up with a few HD Forum Slims along the way or at the destination. CO, WY and UT i hear has some amazing scenery and rides. I'm originating from Seattle, thinking of heading thru OR, ID, and UT then circling back thru WY and MT. Trying to see if there'd be any interest. Thinking July. Let me know if you'd be interested?!

Not really my place but, If I were you I'd start this as a new thread........Just my 2cents.

Joe

Old 03-05-2013, 02:52 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Pulled the trigger on some Carlini Pist Ape's and Highroller risers yesterday. Powdercoating will take 10 days. Swapping my Roland Sands air cleaner out, then taking some pics to show you'all my Slim. Not much different now from a stock Slim and figure most of you already know what one of those looks like.

Really wanted to go with 1.5 bars with the FL front end. Though they fit well on the Deluxe, etc...i think the 1.25 will look good with the Slim's front end. Beside's, I don't care what anybody says, a 41" bar can be a b!T-ch for those of us who don't have 6' legs.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM
somoteitbe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GlennB.
Hey somo- can you post some pics of the sundowner?
Sorry, I just saw this. I will post some pictures when I get home tonight.

Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by AHH
Can hardly wait for this new 2013 to deliver this week.

Nice, man. Is that at Barger's HD in the Valley? I ended getting my at Ventura HD, but I eyeballed that one later if it's from Barger.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!