Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017 | 08:11 AM
Gsoul
Advanced

Originally Posted by Cmtl90
Ty sir. Also which seat is that exactly? I'm basically just going to style my bike after yours haha

Sorry, one more question.. I read that in order to put that saddle bag onto the FLSS you need to remove the rear axle covers? Is that true? If so is it difficult? I'm new to the bike scene and not super mechanically inclined.. thanks for all your answers
Seat is a Corbin classic solo with the pillion. Backrest pad is Ginz Choppers. I was concerned the backrest pad color wouldn't match the color of Corbins black leather. Well, It matched almost perfect in color and quite happy.

As for bags, Not sure what you mean. Turn signals and license plate are the issue for saddle bags. I assume you are talking about the swingarm bag. This straps on and is a harley part and the documentation will tell you if you have to remove something (or buy something to make it fit.).

FWIW....I see the nut cover in the picture of the swingarm bag on harleys website...

Click on the fitment info tab and the install instructions will let you know:

Harley website:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...l-swingarm-bag

Old 05-04-2017 | 08:43 PM
Cmtl90
Novice

Originally Posted by Gsoul
Seat is a Corbin classic solo with the pillion. Backrest pad is Ginz Choppers. I was concerned the backrest pad color wouldn't match the color of Corbins black leather. Well, It matched almost perfect in color and quite happy.

As for bags, Not sure what you mean. Turn signals and license plate are the issue for saddle bags. I assume you are talking about the swingarm bag. This straps on and is a harley part and the documentation will tell you if you have to remove something (or buy something to make it fit.).

FWIW....I see the nut cover in the picture of the swingarm bag on harleys website...

Click on the fitment info tab and the install instructions will let you know:

Harley website:

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...l-swingarm-bag
I gotcha. I just ordered it so we'll see.

I was also looking at Ginz sissy bars and their stock pics don't show the piece to attach the back pad

Old 05-04-2017 | 09:30 PM
Cmtl90
Novice

Here my baby 1.2k miles the other day !

The following users liked this post:
xmen9c (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017 | 11:27 AM
btaksier
Novice

Here's my 16 Slim. Tossed some HD 12" apes on it, blacked out most of the motor covers and stage 1 done. Love it!

The following users liked this post:
xmen9c (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017 | 10:31 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by hardstop
yep, i made my own. they don't look too horrible (for fangs anyway) but they cone right off with the shield. no buffering when they're one, no unsightly objects left on the bike when i take the shield off
It's backwards??

Old 05-06-2017 | 07:52 AM
hardstop
Intermediate

You mean the edge? Yeah, I realized that but went with it that way for a couple reasons. First, I had to have clearance to the crash bar and was working with 18ga. steel so I had to have the edge for strength/rigidity or the wind would fold it over. I intended to use the mock up just to see if they reduced buffeting as well as people say they do (they do!) In the end I didn't think they looked too bad once I shot a coat of paint so I just kept them. I do think I'll powdercoat them but other than that I like them

Old 05-06-2017 | 08:10 AM
hardstop
Intermediate

I love the bobbed look but after seeing Gsoul's fenders I gotta try one. Ordered a blem klockwerks from Revzilla so I hope it looks as good on mine as his did!

Old 05-07-2017 | 12:08 AM
AlexJamess
5th Gear

My 13 Slim. She bad.

Last edited by AlexJamess; 05-07-2017 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-12-2017 | 09:13 AM
Cmtl90
Novice

Originally Posted by hardstop

I love the bobbed look but after seeing Gsoul's fenders I gotta try one. Ordered a blem klockwerks from Revzilla so I hope it looks as good on mine as his did!
Which bars are those?

Old 05-12-2017 | 09:50 AM
hardstop
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Cmtl90
Which bars are those?
Todd's 10 inch strip bars. 1-1/4"

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!