Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017 | 12:41 PM
Bamjoop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Nice looking Slimmay for sure. Digging that oil tank, the pipe sweep and the single rear view mirror. Did you lower with bolts? Ouch.
Thanks, rocker boxes and cams next. lowered with a Softailloweringkit.com style kit. No big deal on them. All of my bikes sit pretty low so this one actually rides pretty nice. I have put about 12,000 miles on it since I lowered it last January with a few long trips and an Iron Butt thrown in and it isn't bad. But I don't seem to have a lot of issues that other guys have with comfort. Maybe I am just weird.

Old 03-14-2017 | 12:47 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bamjoop
I don't think I have posted a pic in this thread. Newer pic anyway.

Looking good....looks much better with the cocktail shakers painted black.....

Old 03-14-2017 | 12:56 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bamjoop
Thanks, rocker boxes and cams next. lowered with a Softailloweringkit.com style kit. No big deal on them. All of my bikes sit pretty low so this one actually rides pretty nice. I have put about 12,000 miles on it since I lowered it last January with a few long trips and an Iron Butt thrown in and it isn't bad. But I don't seem to have a lot of issues that other guys have with comfort. Maybe I am just weird.
Damn...and I thought my bike was low enough....LOL.....I'm 260ish and with my 9 year old on the back, I bottom out sometimes......and drag the pipes if I'm turning right.....

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:12 PM
Paul On The Run
Tourer

Added the windsplitter and powdercoated the brackets black. I have to say this windshield is great. Now I can turn my head to look back at traffic when changing lanes and not fear that my snap on face shield isn't gonna get ripped off.

I have some makeshift spacers that are very temporary until I get to my local hardware. They have a bunch of odd ball spacers and stuff that are polished stainless steel.

If you are thinking about this windshield....do yourself a favor and stop thinking and order it. I got mine from www.surdyke.com for way cheaper than HD.com

and proof I did powdercoat those brackets black

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:18 PM
Sticks24
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Paul's Road Glide
Added the windsplitter and powdercoated the brackets black. I have to say this windshield is great. Now I can turn my head to look back at traffic when changing lanes and not fear that my snap on face shield isn't gonna get ripped off.

I have some makeshift spacers that are very temporary until I get to my local hardware. They have a bunch of odd ball spacers and stuff that are polished stainless steel.

If you are thinking about this windshield....do yourself a favor and stop thinking and order it. I got mine from www.surdyke.com for way cheaper than HD.com

Looks good.

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:25 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Paul's Road Glide

Wind splitter looks awesome on your bike! I might have to switch to it. One question, what are the spacers for?

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:33 PM
Paul On The Run
Tourer

The windsplitter appears to made for the slim when it has the aux lights. I guess those lights have some type of bracket or something this snaps on to.

With that said the brackets on the windshield are way wider than the forks. Roughly about 3/8 on the bottom and 3/4-7/8" for the top. Looks little silly but since I like this windshield so much functionally and aesthetically I'm probably just going to keep it on all the time and the looks of the spacers won't be a big issue.

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:36 PM
abadley
Road Captain

What size spacers are required and are they just needed for the top bolt?

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:51 PM
Paul On The Run
Tourer

You will need 4 spacers. The windwhield part number 57400159 comes with windshield and these parts in a bag

Those are just the rubber bushings the brackets slide into. the bottom in order for the bushing to reach needs a spacer about 3/8" on both sides and the top needs 3/4-7/8" spacer. If you give me a couple days I'm actually going to go to hardware to find my permanent spacers I need. I'll take pics so it all comes together.

Old 03-23-2017 | 03:53 PM
Paul On The Run
Tourer

You have a Fatboy right? So....I don't know if these dimension apply the same. But I'll take picture with measurements and hopefully that helps someone.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!