Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:59 AM
J.D.1
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default slim with some old school drag pipes

Name:  slim281_zpsc4567c2e.jpg
Views: 1032
Size:  101.3 KB

Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Slim G
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blowzo
I didn't see a place for the Slim's to post their pics. I would love to see what you have done to your slim to make it your own!

There seems to be a lot of posts on seat changes, so include pics of your seat change if you have that too

My buddy at Rampant Renders made this render for me (still in the works) but fun to look at none the less.

Hello, where did u get your whitewall tires ? And how much do the run you if you don't mind me asking,

Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Slim G
Advanced

Originally Posted by oomariooo
Here's mine Slim

I am looking for a solo springer seat like that but brown, where did you get your mount?. Seems to be hard to find for the slim.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Slim G
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zedrx
Another beautiful day in South Florida.

Hi there, new to the forum and just looking threw and seen your bike, I love it. Few questions, I am working on blacking mine out, wondering if its possible to do the front end myself, having some mechanical knowledge, I am looking for the exact same lights that you have on your bike, where did you find them? Also is a primary cover something I can change to black myself ?. Thanks

Old 01-12-2013, 05:57 PM
Sammydtd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Hmm. Im guessing he bent the mounting bar of the pillion straight to make that work. Or did he cut a notch in the plastic ECM cover?
Thanks for the comments guys, I just love this bike. Today my friend and I switched bikes for a while on the freeway, he has an '12 street glide with all the games and bells and whistles, felt like I was riding a mini alien space bike not a bike, and he said my slim felt like a bicycle... To each his own, but it just made me love my bike even more, it just feels so raw and natural...

Saw the parts manager today and he said the rear pillon fit right on behind the spring solo seat, no adjustments necessary, the guy inside working said some mods were made but I never managed to see him, if I hear a different answer ill let you guys know!

Peace

Old 01-12-2013, 07:29 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

"rear pillon fit right on behind the spring solo seat, no adjustments necessary"

That is definitely incorrect. Your parts manager doesn't know what he's talking about. Trust me.

The pillion, as is, has a rise on the hardware in the front. It runs right into the plastic ECM cover, as is. To make it work as yours has, someone would have to either straiten out that rise, or cut a notch in the ECM cover.

If you take a close up pic of that connection, I'll tell which one was done. It looks nice, but your parts manager doesn't know his **** from his elbow on that one. The guy inside was correct. Mods had to be made.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 AM
toekutter
Intermediate
Default Ape's

picked up my 16" ape's and cables yesterday, now just gotta get them fitted.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Slim G
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
"rear pillon fit right on behind the spring solo seat, no adjustments necessary"

That is definitely incorrect. Your parts manager doesn't know what he's talking about. Trust me.

The pillion, as is, has a rise on the hardware in the front. It runs right into the plastic ECM cover, as is. To make it work as yours has, someone would have to either straiten out that rise, or cut a notch in the ECM cover.

If you take a close up pic of that connection, I'll tell which one was done. It looks nice, but your parts manager doesn't know his **** from his elbow on that one. The guy inside was correct. Mods had to be made.
Good info, I am looking for a solo spring seat, not sure which with fit my slim? Want one that isn't to complicated to take on and off. Any suggestions ?? It would be ideal if I could modify one either a passenger pillion . Thanks

Old 01-13-2013, 07:06 AM
Slim G
Advanced

Originally Posted by toekutter
picked up my 16" ape's and cables yesterday, now just gotta get them fitted.

Nice ! I got 18 on mine, you will love them. Unfortunately I am new to the forum so 4 more days till I can post any pics.....

Old 01-13-2013, 07:28 AM
toekutter
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slim G
Nice ! I got 18 on mine, you will love them. Unfortunately I am new to the forum so 4 more days till I can post any pics.....
what brand apes did you go with ? post some pics when you can.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!