Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 04:42 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,321 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Very true. It isn't a tourer. It's a bobber style strip down. Most guys seem to be adding swingarm bags, and maybe a passenger seat, and that's it.

Though I hear ya on the sissy bar issue. I want to install one for my gal, and I'm most likely going to have to go aftermarket to avoid license plate relocation. Harley really should offer more options there.
I didn't want to relocate the license plate to the rear of the fender either
so I moved it to the belt guard. See DIY-Cheap Mods sticky thread for pictures. Looks almost the same as stock from the rear, but allows for
the HD sissybar/luggage rack usage.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Sammydtd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer also managed to install spring solo seat with rear pillion...pics!

Very true. It isn't a tourer. It's a bobber style strip down. Most guys seem to be adding swingarm bags, and maybe a passenger seat, and that's it.

Though I hear ya on the sissy bar issue. I want to install one for my gal, and I'm most likely going to have to go aftermarket to avoid license plate relocation. Harley really should offer more options there.
Dealer told me he had to do some slight modifications, but I am very happy with the results, and in all honesty, don't think it ruins the stripped down bobber look at all! I also installed the red led tacho-speedo...looks way better than stock in my opinion...if you guys are interested, I could take some pics

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-dsc_0758.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-dsc_0759.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-dsc_0763.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-dsc_0764.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 06:03 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sammydtd
I also installed the red led tacho-speedo...looks way better than stock in my opinion...if you guys are interested, I could take some pics
Sure! I would like to see some pictures of the speedo.

thanks!

T.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:26 PM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer told me he had to do some slight modifications, but I am very happy with the results, and in all honesty, don't think it ruins the stripped down bobber look at all! I also installed the red led tacho-speedo...looks way better than stock in my opinion...if you guys are interested, I could take some pics
Bike looks great

Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Interesting. Can you take some close pictures of where the pillion connection and solo saddle plastic hardware meet? I'd like to see how they may have done that.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM
odwa
Intermediate
Default Few new additions

Black and chrome.

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-img_0412.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-img_0413.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-img_0414.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Another blacked out Slim...

I just got it back together after getting all the parts back from powdercoat.

I had the front end done - risers, headlight & aux. light trims, sliders & covers and I removed the reflectors and added the mustache engine guard...

Here's a Before and After...

Now, on to pipes & a tuner, and maybe a windshield...

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-blackedoutslim_before-after_2_zpse4a98369.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Sammydtd
Intermediate

Interesting. Can you take some close pictures of where the pillion connection and solo saddle plastic hardware meet? I'd like to see how they may have done that.
Hope this helps guys...

The new speedo is really hard to capture under a camera, it just comes out lloking very orange, and kinda cheap looking...but in reality its a very deep rich red LED...makes the stock orange light pale by comparison...I especially like it at night!

More mods to come...V&H Bigshots and LED front lights...can't wait!

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-20130111_145933.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-20130110_155822.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-20130111_082900.jpg  
Old 01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Hope this helps guys...

The new speedo is really hard to capture under a camera, it just comes out lloking very orange, and kinda cheap looking...but in reality its a very deep rich red LED...makes the stock orange light pale by comparison...I especially like it at night!

Hmm. Im guessing he bent the mounting bar of the pillion straight to make that work. Or did he cut a notch in the plastic ECM cover?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Hope this helps guys...

thanks! looks like it turned out really nice!

T.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!