Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 03:32 AM
super48
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who makes this rear fender

Any one knows who makes this rear fender and struts?
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n...300C2E9A4B.jpg

Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM
nhb006
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks alot like Fred Kodlin, Rockey Bobs or Thunderbike.

That is one seriously tuff slim though.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:04 PM
somoteitbe
Novice

So let me ask you guys your opinion, what do you think about the comfort and long distance capability of the slim? I've been riding mine for about 5 months, and don't get me wrong, I love the bike, but sometimes the comfort concerns me. Especially the stock seat, after an hour or so, it starts to hurt a bit. I really want to do some long rides and road trips. I just recently got the sundowner seat for the long rides, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I also put a sissy bar on the bike and picked up a bag.

Just want to hear what you all think, I've been considering moving up to a Road King or Street Glide, but I'm worried I'll miss the simplicity of my bike. I like bare essential bikes, and when I'm on a motorcycle, I like to feel like I'm on a motorcycle.

What have you guys gathered about YOUR slim?

Old 01-06-2013, 09:19 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by somoteitbe
Thanks, Tin.

1. These were handed down to me from a friend who's had them for a bit, but from what I can tell they are 91008-82C.

2. I did not have the bags when the stock pipes were on, so I can't give you a definite answer, however there's not a whole lot of clearance with these V&H, so I'm willing to say it would be cutting it close.

3. No, these are decent sized bags and cover most of the swingarm. Hope this helps!
thank you very much.

tin

Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 PM
Mathom
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So let me ask you guys your opinion, what do you think about the comfort and long distance capability of the slim? I've been riding mine for about 5 months, and don't get me wrong, I love the bike, but sometimes the comfort concerns me. Especially the stock seat, after an hour or so, it starts to hurt a bit. I really want to do some long rides and road trips. I just recently got the sundowner seat for the long rides, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. I also put a sissy bar on the bike and picked up a bag.

Just want to hear what you all think, I've been considering moving up to a Road King or Street Glide, but I'm worried I'll miss the simplicity of my bike. I like bare essential bikes, and when I'm on a motorcycle, I like to feel like I'm on a motorcycle.

Agree with you, the stock seat was very uncomfortable on longer rides. Put the Mustang seat on and took a 4 hour ride today, felt great. I attached a small leather bag to the handle bar (think you can see it in pic), works fine for rides I currently take, not sure what I am going to get for longer rides yet.

Pic of new seat is a few posts up

Last edited by Mathom; 01-06-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: add text
Old 01-06-2013, 10:26 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I put the Spring solo on and find it way more comfortable, believe it not. I mostly ride around the city, however. Yes, the stock seat is great to sit in the cockpit of the bike, but not that comfortable to ride.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 AM
Badbagger09
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I've had a softail, touring, and v-rod bikes and except for the v-rod the stock seats are terrible. I always purchase an aftermarket seat for that reason, I prefer Mustang with a back rest.

Name:  100_0784.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  278.3 KB

Name:  JanFlaTrip002.jpg
Views: 1235
Size:  229.0 KB

Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Notaheritage
3rd Gear

It's tough to turn a bar hopper into a tourer. It can be done (at some expense), in the end it doesn't really look like a slim any more. I added 10" mini apes, Corbin dual touring saddle, windshield, crash bars, detachable bags and sissy bar AND luggage rack.

Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Notaheritage
It's tough to turn a bar hopper into a tourer. It can be done (at some expense), in the end it doesn't really look like a slim any more. I added 10" mini apes, Corbin dual touring saddle, windshield, crash bars, detachable bags and sissy bar AND luggage rack.

Very true. It isn't a tourer. It's a bobber style strip down. Most guys seem to be adding swingarm bags, and maybe a passenger seat, and that's it.

Though I hear ya on the sissy bar issue. I want to install one for my gal, and I'm most likely going to have to go aftermarket to avoid license plate relocation. Harley really should offer more options there.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:55 PM
somoteitbe
Novice

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Very true. It isn't a tourer. It's a bobber style strip down. Most guys seem to be adding swingarm bags, and maybe a passenger seat, and that's it.

Though I hear ya on the sissy bar issue. I want to install one for my gal, and I'm most likely going to have to go aftermarket to avoid license plate relocation. Harley really should offer more options there.
I went with the one on Ebay from Bowman welding, and love it. You can pics on the previous page.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!