Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 05:02 PM
mskharleyfan
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered one in Brown for my wife's Slim (Project Bike) In lieu of the diamond pattern we ordered one in a Plain aged leather. Special order though... not in yet.

Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin99
Seat Question:
Has anyone purchased or tried the new Mustang Seat Wide Tripper™ Solo? I have a Sundowner for long rides but since I noticed the Tripper has a detachable back rest in the diamond stitch, i'm wondering if this can be my "do-all" seat.

http://www.mustangseats.com/Product/...Diamond-Stitch
I actually just recieved my order of the mustang solo tripper and pillion. I didnt have the chance to put the seat on my bike yet. But they definitely look a lot comfortably compared to the stock slim and blackline seat. I wont beable to do a review anytime

Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dproto09
I actually just recieved my order of the mustang solo tripper and pillion. I didnt have the chance to put the seat on my bike yet. But they definitely look a lot comfortably compared to the stock slim and blackline seat. I wont beable to do a review anytime
i'm very interested in how this compares in comfort to the stock seat.

thx - tin

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey I didnt realize the last post went through on my phone. I let you guys know as soon as I get a chance to run in the garage. But with this cold nyc weather, I'm probably not taking any long rides anytime soon. The pillion look very comfortable and I definitely cant see my girl complaining at all. The pillion look slightly wider than the fender.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Ronin99
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh i'm sure it's way more comfy than the stock seat but I'm trying to make the most educated guess before i order. Get the Solo seat without back rest ($289) or get the back rest ($489). I'd hate to add 200 bucks to a seat i can't ride very far (not use the backrest) when I already have the sundowner seat. thanks for any help.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Xube
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mskharleyfan
Just ordered one in Brown for my wife's Slim (Project Bike) In lieu of the diamond pattern we ordered one in a Plain aged leather. Special order though... not in yet.
Would love to see pics of that brown seat when you get it in. Thanks!

Old 01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Good luck with the new seat, Harleyfan. Looks like your project is coming together.

In the spirt of this thread, a photo I took of my Slim this morning:

Name:  2013-01-03_1357250801_zps35aeffaa.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  113.4 KB

Old 01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

A lot of nice looking bikes!

Old 01-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Sammydtd
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for sharing guys, I've only had my slim for two months, actually it's my first bike, and I am simply addicted to riding...everytime it rains here in Beirut I get depressed...

Still debating on what exhaust to replace mine (screamin eagle street performance...V&H Big Radius 2-2 or the Bigshot Staggered Black....

Also waiting on the new Red Speedo - Tacho and LED lights...and also trying to figure out how to add a small Pillon for my wife without having to take out the Spring Solo seat...

So far loving this bike...I officially hate cars

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-2-.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-3.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-2-001.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-zeitunabaypic.jpg  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:43 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammydtd
Thanks a lot for sharing guys, I've only had my slim for two months, actually it's my first bike, and I am simply addicted to riding...everytime it rains here in Beirut I get depressed...

Still debating on what exhaust to replace mine (screamin eagle street performance...V&H Big Radius 2-2 or the Bigshot Staggered Black....

Also waiting on the new Red Speedo - Tacho and LED lights...and also trying to figure out how to add a small Pillon for my wife without having to take out the Spring Solo seat...

So far loving this bike...I officially hate cars
Motherroadcustoms is working with me to make an ECM cover that will allow use of the HD pillion and the Solo Seat. I'll let this forum know how it turns out.

We're still getting the length of the ECM cover right, but here's a preview of where we are headed:

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-img_0107_zps93d39e3a.jpg  

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!