Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015 | 06:52 AM
Bluegrass Phil
Cruiser

Hi, tose bars are custom made by a guy in south of France but you can find similar bars on CCI catalog under the Chopper Kings Handlebars Company. They call them Anfora : https://shop.customchrome.de/Nach-He...er-Kings-oxid/

Old 11-08-2015 | 09:40 AM
Slim71
Stage IV

Originally Posted by jerryrigged123
Looking for any thoughts on this. I'm thinking of removing that nasty looking piece of plastic that serves as the rear fenders lower extension. Any downsides to that?
Jerryrigged123,
I used a 4"grinder with a cutoff wheel & trimmed both sides of the splash gaurd. It opened it up enough so you can see daylight. yet still gives you splash protection.

Old 11-08-2015 | 09:52 AM
Slim71
Stage IV

Has anyone installed one of those Gas Tank lift kits on a Softail Slim?? Please post pics. I'm curious how it looks.
Jerryrigged123,
I had installed a 1.5" tank kit from Dk. However, the bolt stripped out during the install so I removed & returned. The fuel line that connects both halves of the tank did not need modified. & the handlebars cleared just perfectly. To be honest, I was thinking that a 2" might have requiresd the fuel line to be modified & diidnt think the bars would clear without rolling them up a bit.
I have since removed my mirrors & rolled my bars down toward the tank in an effort to keep the clean low profile look. So i will not be reinstalling the kit. I do have pics of of the kit before I removed it, but im new here & having trouble posting pics from my phone.
Regards

Old 11-10-2015 | 08:38 AM
jerryrigged123
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slim71
Jerryrigged123,
I used a 4"grinder with a cutoff wheel & trimmed both sides of the splash gaurd. It opened it up enough so you can see daylight. yet still gives you splash protection.
Thanks Slim! That thought occurred to me to go that route.

Old 11-10-2015 | 08:39 AM
jerryrigged123
Advanced

Originally Posted by Slim71
Jerryrigged123,
I had installed a 1.5" tank kit from Dk. However, the bolt stripped out during the install so I removed & returned. The fuel line that connects both halves of the tank did not need modified. & the handlebars cleared just perfectly. To be honest, I was thinking that a 2" might have requiresd the fuel line to be modified & diidnt think the bars would clear without rolling them up a bit.
I have since removed my mirrors & rolled my bars down toward the tank in an effort to keep the clean low profile look. So i will not be reinstalling the kit. I do have pics of of the kit before I removed it, but im new here & having trouble posting pics from my phone.
Regards
Thanks Slim!

Old 11-10-2015 | 08:44 AM
jerryrigged123
Advanced

Originally Posted by perryross
A few things left over from my Slim trade in.
Sure wish I could have kept it.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...psubc8zqq4.jpg

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/...pslhorxc5u.jpg
Where'd ya get those bullet tail lights?

Old 11-10-2015 | 12:08 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Did you find any clearance issues with the handlebars with this lift? My goal is to expose more of the 103 by doing the lift, relocating the coil, removing the mounting post behind the rear jug while at the same time keeping a slammed look on the bike overall. I'm trying to avoid risers on the handlebars too.

So im lifting the tank but dropping the *** end. Replacing the slash guard on the rear swingarm, and removing the belt guard.
With a two innch lift up front and the bars in their stock position your throttle cablr guided by the throttle will hit the tank. You can avoid this by tilting the bra forward just enough so that at full lock to the right you can rest easy

Old 11-10-2015 | 05:19 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

[QUOTE=Bluegrass Phil;14552203]
Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim

Ah, ah, ah !!! Thanks ! But still not for sale yet
Haha. You know where to find me if you ever decide to go with something else.

Enjoy your ride!

Old 11-11-2015 | 11:54 AM
jerryrigged123
Advanced

What pipes are you running on your slim?

Old 11-12-2015 | 11:23 AM
FukingOmar
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Dynaunder
40 km old ,and work in progress
What forward controls do you have on there? I just installed Roland sands forwards. Pictures coming soon.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!