Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2015 | 07:26 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior

That really is a great color daninjapan! Is that a sundowner seat? How do you like it?

Old 08-06-2015 | 09:01 PM
daninjapan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rjjj629
That really is a great color daninjapan! Is that a sundowner seat? How do you like it?
Thanks rj!

No, it's not a Sundowner, it's a Drag Specialties Predator seat. Not as "chunky" as the Sundowner, but damn comfy! It's firm but soft, if that makes any sense! Maybe like memory foam?
It does push me a little up & forward, but I'm only 5'10, so I see this as a good thing. That and it supports my ****, gives me more confidence.
Maybe doesn't look as good as the original seat, or Le Pera/Mustang seat, but it does its job perfectly, and is well worth the money.

Old 08-06-2015 | 09:30 PM
Kberns
Intermediate
Default My Slim, more parts in the mail!

Custom sissy bar and brackets.

Old 08-07-2015 | 10:48 AM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by daninjapan
Hi!

Yeah, I love the colour too! I was actually gonna get an Iron, then I saw this and it was love...

Anyway, in answer to your question, NO, he doesn't use a pad, my sissy doesn't have that option, and I don't think it's really necessary anyway. I prefer the "clean" look.

I will eventually move my license plate onto my sissy bar (somehow!), as well as a few more mods.

Enjoy your ride! Like you said, best thing I've ever done is get a Slim!
I'm rarely on the back of my Slim, but thinking comfort with the pad...though it would get in the way of whatever bag I strap to it.

What other mods are you thinking? I'm definitely going to add a pullback riser as the riding position hurts my back on long rides (which I do frequently), upgrade my grips, and add a mechanical throttle assist for cruise control. Maybe some pinstriping or airbrushing, but that might make the bike way too personal should I ever decide to sell it. My boyfriend and I call the bike The Cookie Monster because of the sound of the Short Shots, and he thinks Cookie Monster needs to live on the tank! It could happen one day...no one else would have Cookie Monster on their Slim, that's for sure!

Old 08-07-2015 | 11:36 AM
daninjapan
Intermediate
Default To slim_powers

Hi!

I've got my V&H Big Shots Staggered & waiting on an S&S Stealth... Already used my V&H FP3 on it stock, can't notice any real difference, I'm just waiting to put it all together...

Other than that... Zombie bars... They rock my world! & a few little bits from Licks & DK...

The list is endless.

I'm gonna take my time.

Until I win the lottery.

'Till then I'm just gonna ride and think how grateful I am!

I'm no pro, but I'd get the seat you Iike before the bars, you'd be surprised how much difference a little push forward will make. As for bags, there are a few goodies out there. I've got my eye on https://www.foxcreekleather.com/products/1373-deluxe-black-pony-express-saddlebag
I love that they can zip off, but need some bike mods first. I really don't want anything that requires some crappy chrome frame. These don't need it!

Let me/us know what your plans are. There's a lot of good info here, but remember, ignore the BS & make it yours!

Enjoy!

Last edited by daninjapan; 08-07-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-07-2015 | 02:28 PM
slim_powers
Tourer
Default For daninjapan

Originally Posted by daninjapan
Hi!

I've got my V&H Big Shots Staggered & waiting on an S&S Stealth... Already used my V&H FP3 on it stock, can't notice any real difference, I'm just waiting to put it all together...

Other than that... Zombie bars... They rock my world! & a few little bits from Licks & DK...

The list is endless.

I'm gonna take my time.

Until I win the lottery.

'Till then I'm just gonna ride and think how grateful I am!

I'm no pro, but I'd get the seat you Iike before the bars, you'd be surprised how much difference a little push forward will make. As for bags, there are a few goodies out there. I've got my eye on https://www.foxcreekleather.com/prod...ress-saddlebag
I love that they can zip off, but need some bike mods first. I really don't want anything that requires some crappy chrome frame. These don't need it!

Let me/us know what your plans are. There's a lot of good info here, but remember, ignore the BS & make it yours!

Enjoy!
Hi again!

I have a Danny Gray 2-up coming from a forum member that I think will help with some of my position issues. The current seat I have on it, a Sundowner, sits me up too high and I can't flat foot the bike, and I'm sitting farther back. With the stock tuck and roll seat (I had gel and foam put in it), it's a LITTLE better but still not as comfy as the Sundowner. But thankfully the Sundowner is going to its next owner this weekend and I can just use the solo seat. I still think the pullback riser (just the 4.5" one) will help to sit me straighter and prevent that lower back ache. I rode horses (show jumping and dressage, mainly) for almost 25 years before switching to iron horses and that has given me a lot of lumbar and hip issues--especially after a particularly nasty spill almost 2 years ago that caused a severe muscle spasm in my entire back, it's never been the same since.

Those bags are nice! I thought for a while I was going to make my Slim into a bagger--get a fairing and hard bags and go all out--but I think by the time I get it finished, that money could have gone to an ACTUAL bagger that is made for touring and long distance rides! So I'll just add to the stable and get a second pony. That's a long ways off, though.

My V&H pipes were put on by the previous owner, and I have no idea if it was tuned--I'm assuming so, but the bike runs SO hot that I might tune it myself. The price of the V&H Fuelpak is turning me off a bit, especially as I need to put my pennies towards a cross-country move instead of the bike. I will have to go through my paperwork and see if the previous owner wrote maintenance down. I've put 1900 miles on the bike since I got her home May 26th, almost time for her first oil change with me! Okay technically my boyfriend put 10 miles on her and I put 1890, since he rode her home from the dealership for me. I have to give him the credit he deserves, he made the remark that it would be awesome for me to ride beside him (instead of behind him on his ElectraGlide), and that got the wheels in motion to me riding motorcycles.

Damn I keep writing novels but I just love this bike! Nothing feels better than swinging my leg over and cruising...throttle therapy is the best!

Old 08-08-2015 | 05:28 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

When My wife mentioned that she was feelin like she could slide off the passenger seat, much to my dislike... One had to come.
I searched high and low for one and always came back to the Bowman for what seems to be the most genuine. Only I didnt want a towerring bar or even something that would even suggest there was even one the.
I contacted Bowman and mentioned this and even though he doesnt display them on his site, was able to find me one that is as shirt as what Harley uses for their wideglide
Bowman can dind you one

This is my Slim

Old 08-09-2015 | 03:01 PM
geektoad
Tourer

Wife's Slim with new Mustang solo and pillion/backrest. I wish Mustang made a backrest to match the diamond stitch...

Old 08-10-2015 | 01:25 PM
finalfury
Cruiser

What do you guys use to clean and shine the aluminum derby cover, cam cover, etc.

from what i hear, that Harley aluminum has a coating that you should NOT take metal polish to.

Thanks.

Old 08-10-2015 | 07:41 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by finalfury
What do you guys use to clean and shine the aluminum derby cover, cam cover, etc.

from what i hear, that Harley aluminum has a coating that you should NOT take metal polish to.

Thanks.
The derby covers are chromed, but the case cover are raw as far as I can tell,
I use a polish that is safe for chrome on it all and am happy with the results.
I dont go for a gloss finish, just a spotless finish

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!