Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015 | 03:41 PM
SlimPaul
Advanced

I removed all the reflectors in this way (suggestion found in HD forums):
just spray Wd-40 on the adhesive band and use a cloth to avoid unwanted spreading of it.
Let is sit and then start to tilt the deflector.
Spray again and repeat. The adhesive band will start to get loose and you want to spray a tad there so it goes down and detach more in dept.
Before you know it you will be done.
Easy

Old 08-05-2015 | 05:26 PM
rjjj629
Road Warrior

I just installed my bowman sissy bar... Fwiw you don't actually have to remove the fender reflectors to install it, there's enough clearance but the way the support arm is shaped the sissy bar would only leave about half of each reflector visible if you left them on.

I did end up taking my reflectors off. I used a heat gun but the glue is soft enough that you could probably use the same method with a blow dryer - especially if it's a hot day when you do it. Used goo gone to clean up the residue

Old 08-05-2015 | 08:03 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Dental floss also works to remove the reflectors. Make a big loop & twist it
so that it creates more area to saw through the adhesive. Having said
that - my reflectors just "popped off". Maybe it was because I did it
when the bike was new on the second day I had it at home....

good luck,

T.

Old 08-06-2015 | 10:57 AM
slim_powers
Tourer

Thanks for all the info, guys!

For those that have the Bowman on the bike (or another similar sissy bar), does it affect swinging your leg over the bike much?

Old 08-06-2015 | 11:07 AM
Kaeleb75
Advanced

Originally Posted by slim_powers
Thanks for all the info, guys!

For those that have the Bowman on the bike (or another similar sissy bar), does it affect swinging your leg over the bike much?
I have one on my bike and never had an issue. Sure, I might lightly brush my foot against the sissy pad, but it's totally worth it. When you are as tall as I am though (5ft 5in) you just get use to things getting in your way when you swing your leg around

Old 08-06-2015 | 11:12 AM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by Kaeleb75
I have one on my bike and never had an issue. Sure, I might lightly brush my foot against the sissy pad, but it's totally worth it. When you are as tall as I am though (5ft 5in) you just get use to things getting in your way when you swing your leg around
I'm not even 5 ft 2 in, so will probably be okay...though I find it difficult to get on my boyfriend's Ultra Limited Low with the tourpack on! I really have to bounce to get enough momentum to get my stubs for legs over the seat, ha.

Old 08-06-2015 | 11:46 AM
daninjapan
Intermediate
Default Bowman's sissy!

I love my Bowman!

Old 08-06-2015 | 11:55 AM
daninjapan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by daninjapan

I love my Bowman!
It makes my son feel safe when we ride together, and though I don't have saddle bags yet, gives me the ability to "attach" a back pack for a day or two of riding.
Sometimes my foot hits it when I get on/off.... But let's face it, Slims are the best bikes out there, and are made for RIDING! A few scuff marks doesn't wipe the smile off my face once I'm cruising!!!
Get a Bowman!

Old 08-06-2015 | 01:06 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by daninjapan
It makes my son feel safe when we ride together, and though I don't have saddle bags yet, gives me the ability to "attach" a back pack for a day or two of riding.
Sometimes my foot hits it when I get on/off.... But let's face it, Slims are the best bikes out there, and are made for RIDING! A few scuff marks doesn't wipe the smile off my face once I'm cruising!!!
Get a Bowman!
LOVE the paint color of your Slim! Does your son ride without the pad? My main reason for wanting a sissy bar is to attach a bag to it, but occasionally I will ride bitch on it, so was thinking of getting the crossbar attachment. May still go with the 16" bar so it wouldn't necessarily save any money, but I do like the low one as well!

I just did a 40 minute cruise on my Slim on my lunch hour (split into 2 sections as I stopped to get an iced coffee and watch everyone look at her) and I really can't get enough of this bike. Buying a bike in general is probably one of the best things I've ever done for myself, and lucky me that I could only flat foot the Slim! Best purchase ever.

Old 08-06-2015 | 06:31 PM
daninjapan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by slim_powers
LOVE the paint color of your Slim! Does your son ride without the pad? My main reason for wanting a sissy bar is to attach a bag to it, but occasionally I will ride bitch on it, so was thinking of getting the crossbar attachment. May still go with the 16" bar so it wouldn't necessarily save any money, but I do like the low one as well!

I just did a 40 minute cruise on my Slim on my lunch hour (split into 2 sections as I stopped to get an iced coffee and watch everyone look at her) and I really can't get enough of this bike. Buying a bike in general is probably one of the best things I've ever done for myself, and lucky me that I could only flat foot the Slim! Best purchase ever.
Hi!

Yeah, I love the colour too! I was actually gonna get an Iron, then I saw this and it was love...

Anyway, in answer to your question, NO, he doesn't use a pad, my sissy doesn't have that option, and I don't think it's really necessary anyway. I prefer the "clean" look.

I will eventually move my license plate onto my sissy bar (somehow!), as well as a few more mods.

Enjoy your ride! Like you said, best thing I've ever done is get a Slim!

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!