Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2015 | 02:03 PM
airplaneguy
1st Gear

Purchased my Slim on 5-23-15 and have 1500 miles on it so far, first street bike! Love it so far! I've read most of the posts on this thread and wanted a Freight Train Nacelle and pull back risers. I made some 1" diameter aluminum spacers to go under the risers and used 3/4" longer bolts so I didn't have to grind any clearance on the nacelle. It almost looks like the risers are bolted on top of the nacelle, pictures attached. I've also installed Cobra slip on mufflers, S&S Stealth Air Cleaner, Vance & Hines FP3 Tuner, Mustang Seat, Bowman Welding Sissy Bar, HD Quick Detach Windshield and HD Passenger Foot Boards. Thanks for all the inspiration on this thread!!!

Old 07-11-2015 | 06:13 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by airplaneguy
Purchased my Slim on 5-23-15 and have 1500 miles on it so far, first street bike! Love it so far! I've read most of the posts on this thread and wanted a Freight Train Nacelle and pull back risers. I made some 1" diameter aluminum spacers to go under the risers and used 3/4" longer bolts so I didn't have to grind any clearance on the nacelle. It almost looks like the risers are bolted on top of the nacelle, pictures attached. I've also installed Cobra slip on mufflers, S&S Stealth Air Cleaner, Vance & Hines FP3 Tuner, Mustang Seat, Bowman Welding Sissy Bar, HD Quick Detach Windshield and HD Passenger Foot Boards. Thanks for all the inspiration on this thread!!!

Nice ! Welcome to the HD Forum !!

Old 07-12-2015 | 08:06 AM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

Nice work on those risers. Looks factory. I like the color too.

Old 07-12-2015 | 08:40 AM
mo cajun
Road Captain

finishing doing work till the spring

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-image.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015 | 07:14 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Airplaneguy, did you have to relocate anything for the sissy bar? Doesn't look it from the angle, but just checking. Need to get one for my Slim and balking at the cost to relocate the turn signals and license plate with HD kits.

LOVE the color. I so badly wanted Sand Camp Denim but there were none in New England to be had…

Old 07-12-2015 | 07:59 PM
airplaneguy
1st Gear

Originally Posted by slim_powers
Airplaneguy, did you have to relocate anything for the sissy bar? Doesn't look it from the angle, but just checking. Need to get one for my Slim and balking at the cost to relocate the turn signals and license plate with HD kits.

LOVE the color. I so badly wanted Sand Camp Denim but there were none in New England to be had…
The wiring for the tail lights runs between the rear fender and the fender supports. The sissy bar also fits between the fender and the fender supports. There is nothing you have to relocate to install the sissy bar. Just follow the instructions Bowman Welding provides and you should be fine. I used a heat gun to remove the reflectors. It fits tight on the fender but I didn't have any scratches using dish soap as a lubricant following the instructions. I bought the Buck Fifty which doesn't have any cross bars or pad brackets and is 12 inches above the fender. They make a great product!

Old 07-12-2015 | 08:37 PM
airplaneguy
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Crazy
Nice work on those risers. Looks factory. I like the color too.
Thanks! I really didn't want to grind on the nacelle and I wanted the pullback risers so I could sit more upright. It worked out pretty well. I may make a cover to fill in the rest of the opening in the nacelle.

You really have to see the color in the sun to appreciate it. It looks like it has pearl and metal flake in it in the sun. I love Vivid Black Harleys but everyone has one! The only other color I would have considered would have been Black Denim but it isn't available on the Slim anymore.

Old 07-13-2015 | 06:32 AM
slim_powers
Tourer

The wiring for the tail lights runs between the rear fender and the fender supports. The sissy bar also fits between the fender and the fender supports. There is nothing you have to relocate to install the sissy bar. Just follow the instructions Bowman Welding provides and you should be fine. I used a heat gun to remove the reflectors. It fits tight on the fender but I didn't have any scratches using dish soap as a lubricant following the instructions. I bought the Buck Fifty which doesn't have any cross bars or pad brackets and is 12 inches above the fender. They make a great product!
Glad to hear a glowing recommendation! I will definitely take a look at their bars and hopefully purchase one; need a model with pad brackets as I occasionally sit bitch on my Slim and a little bit of comfort would be nice!

Old 07-19-2015 | 07:33 AM
foilfear66
Novice

Just fitted some bags on my Slim, shipped direct from Leatherpros to the UK. Thanks to Garry for a great product and great service.

Old 07-19-2015 | 08:26 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain

Airplane guy. can you give some specifics on the spacers you used for the nacelle? When you say spacers, where they more like washers that you stacked under the risers, then used a longer bolt coming up from the bottom to accomodate the extra height?

The following users liked this post:
clrawleigh (08-15-2017)

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!