Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015 | 01:41 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by slim_powers
Agreed. I LIKE when I scrape my floorboards, means I'm getting over my leanophobia!

Rode to the dealer in 2012 to trade my Forty Eight for a Fat Bob , left with my Slim! Diggin it 😎

Old 07-03-2015 | 11:18 AM
blackSP
Tourer

100 degrees this week. First time in 20 year I'm riding without my gear....

Old 07-06-2015 | 05:44 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by Goldtop Dude
Rode to the dealer in 2012 to trade my Forty Eight for a Fat Bob , left with my Slim! Diggin it 😎
I have nothing to compare it to (aside from a brief foray into driving my boyfriend's EG), but I LOVE my Slim. It's just so much fun to roar down the street and I love taking turns on it. I have 3 mods to make to it for more rider comfort (pullback risers, new grips, and mechanical throttle assist), but otherwise? I'm a happy, happy Slim rider!

Old 07-06-2015 | 07:01 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

...snip...
I have 3 mods to make to it for more rider comfort (pullback risers, new grips, and mechanical throttle assist)
What do you mean by mechanical throttle assist ? something like a
Throttle Boss?

Thanks,

T.

Old 07-06-2015 | 07:12 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by WKNDS
What do you mean by mechanical throttle assist ? something like a
Throttle Boss?

Thanks,

T.
Hi WKNDS,

No, though that is also an option. I'm talking about this, also from Kuryakyn (on my phone right now so I apologize for not putting an actual link in there): http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/1538/mechanical-throttle-cruise-assist

Old 07-06-2015 | 07:34 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

I have nothing to compare it to (aside from a brief foray into driving my boyfriend's EG), but I LOVE my Slim. It's just so much fun to roar down the street and I love taking turns on it. I have 3 mods to make to it for more rider comfort (pullback risers, new grips, and mechanical throttle assist), but otherwise? I'm a happy, happy Slim rider!
Don't know if I can justify payin $125 for bar end weights, but when they include a cruise control feature, it does make it a bit more appealing. Nice find neighbor.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/153...-cruise-assist

Old 07-06-2015 | 07:49 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Don't know if I can justify payin $125 for bar end weights, but when they include a cruise control feature, it does make it a bit more appealing. Nice find neighbor.
I doubt I'd ever put the left side weight on, unless it's REALLY obvious that it's missing. But I've been having trouble staying steady on the throttle while at highway speed on a longish ride, and my right hand gets really sore, so I think the combo of new grips (going with the Kuryakyn ISO grips) plus the mechanical throttle assist is going to make a huge difference. And I'll be able to rest my right arm, too!

Glad to pass it on, hope it helps if you decide to go with it!

Old 07-06-2015 | 07:55 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Throttlemeister brand throttle locks sell for $132.00. Guess that price is average for these products, regardless of maker. Have a set of TM's on my RT, and they work well. Bet the others do too... tp

Old 07-06-2015 | 08:39 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member

Hi WKNDS,

No, though that is also an option. I'm talking about this, also from Kuryakyn (on my phone right now so I apologize for not putting an actual link in there): http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/153...-cruise-assist
Ah, ok. I dont think those would work with my Vibranators.
Anyway FWIW, heres what the ISO grips & throttle boss w/end weights look like
on a Slim...

hth,

T.

Old 07-06-2015 | 08:57 PM
kh24
Tourer

My old slim. Traded it in on the street glide almost 2 years ago. Also here is a Slim gauge that I just modded. Came out pretty cool

Name:  null_zps3c1397d5.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  306.8 KB

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!