Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2015 | 10:49 AM
Horsecart
Stage IV
Default Mine...

Here be my FLS with a few changes from stock. Well quite a few actually...

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:15 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Nice job on it... So far; like the duals... Whats the brand?

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:15 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
That is my only concern, well other than cost. The Dyna can be thrown into turns and hold its line, w/o worrying about scraping parts. Had a StreetGlide, RoadGlide and a Heritage, and scraped the boards way too often on them all. Don't need t go there again. To me, the Slim is the best looking bike MoCo builds, but until I don't have the " I need my bike to TURN IN hard" mindset, the Slim will still just be a dream. tp

The Slim is the best handling of any(by far!) , I test rode before buying-------fat bob, rode king, fat boy and deluxe------Slim won , hands down! Felt the most solid, stable, predictable and controllable ....!!

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:26 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Goldtop Dude
The Slim is the best handling of any(by far!) , I test rode before buying-------fat bob, rode king, fat boy and deluxe------Slim won , hands down! Felt the most solid, stable, predictable and controllable ....!!
I accept the stability, but what about board scraping? The Dyna pegs never touch the pavement. Same for the Slim's boards? Not being argumentative, just curious? I'm used to S/T bikes, that can lean beyond my ability, without touching stuff on the ground. tp

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:31 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

I accept the stability, but what about board scraping? The Dyna pegs never touch the pavement. Same for the Slim's boards? Not being argumentative, just curious? I'm used to S/T bikes, that can lean beyond my ability, without touching stuff on the ground. tp
Agreed ! It will scrape sooner .... But that can be fixed, and Yeah, I rode the sport bikes of the early 80s ........and the Slim is the closest to that feel.......

Old 07-01-2015 | 06:37 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Goldtop Dude
Agreed ! It will scrape sooner .... But that can be fixed, and Yeah, I rode the sport bikes of the early 80s ........and the Slim is the closest to that feel.......
Man, we're probably the same age (65,) or close. Please stop making the Slim sound so appealing. You are screwing with my retirement funds, whether you know it or not... tp Shame you are not in my area. Been drumming for 58 years now, and we could probably make cool music. tp

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 07-01-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-01-2015 | 07:09 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Man, we're probably the same age (65,) or close. Please stop making the Slim sound so appealing. You are screwing with my retirement funds, whether you know it or not... tp Shame you are not in my area. Been drumming for 58 years now, and we could probably make cool music. tp
60 here, bro ! You will have no regrets with the Slim! It's just HDs greatest bike IMO looks are killer and feel is , what I would call the perfect classic !!

Yeah, we must jam .....always need a good drummer !!

Old 07-01-2015 | 07:29 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Dont let the floorbors be your game changer. Youll adapt to it.its human nature

Old 07-02-2015 | 10:52 AM
Horsecart
Stage IV

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Nice job on it... So far; like the duals... Whats the brand?
Samson true duals. They look and sound great but you have to watch your left leg!

Old 07-02-2015 | 12:20 PM
slim_powers
Tourer

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Dont let the floorbors be your game changer. Youll adapt to it.its human nature
Agreed. I LIKE when I scrape my floorboards, means I'm getting over my leanophobia!

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!