Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015 | 08:27 PM
DR1FTY
1st Gear

[QUOTE=SLIM DUSTY;14033594]
Originally Posted by DR1FTY
I have Andrews 57H cams in mine and LOVE THEM! I did do a Cometic .030 head gasket at the same time but was still a super easy job. Pulls hard from 2200 up. Tons of other stuff but no other motor work. Just RSD blunt AC and V&H big radius with BCT Thunder monster baffles.

Andrews 57H is the one that keeps on popping up. Did you get it Dyno'd.
I think it is either the Andrews or the S&s 583.

What do you think of the BCT thunder monster baffles, do they do as advertised?
I haven't dyno'd it yet but plan to someday. I have the V&H FP3 and all I had to do was call them and tell them what I did and they had a dyno tested map already ready for me. It's been running extremely well on that tune so I'll just ride it as is for now.

And I would say yes, the BCT baffles are worth doing if you want that awesome straight pipe sound without losing low end power. I tried cutting the stock baffles down, first in half then in thirds, still didn't like the sound and lost more low end the more I cut off. Finally bought the BCT's and they were exactly what I was going for. Power and sound.

Old 05-20-2015 | 03:53 PM
MrHorsepower
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jetfever
Some great looking Slims here!

I finally figured out how to stow everything below the frame rail, and I made a battery/ 'puter cover.

Perfect! Clean and neat. I had a springer seat but could not stand the looks of the ECU cover so I went back to the original seat.

How did you do it? If you have some pics of the procedure that would be great!

Old 05-20-2015 | 07:50 PM
COEN
Stage II
Default 2 inch drop

2013 Slim w/ 2 inch drop from dead creek cycles.

Old 05-20-2015 | 08:02 PM
COEN
Stage II
Default 2013 Slim

Some recent photos.

Old 05-20-2015 | 09:34 PM
EvilEye
Advanced

Originally Posted by COEN
Some recent photos.

Very nice!

Old 05-20-2015 | 11:27 PM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Default "Hard tail" look

Originally Posted by MrHorsepower
Perfect! Clean and neat. I had a springer seat but could not stand the looks of the ECU cover so I went back to the original seat.

How did you do it? If you have some pics of the procedure that would be great!
Thanks Mr.HP. This took some thought, and I strongly agree: Spring seat on a Softail looks all wrong with the thick plastic covers under the seat and on the fender.

The Key to stowing everything was a LiPo battery. Much smaller and lighter.
It took some very careful moving of the wires, and "black boxes" but I did not cut anything and can put EVERYTHING (computer etc) back to stock.
LiPo cranks the 103 better than a new lead acid. I chose the EarthX ETX36C for many reasons, most of all for the built in charge protection.

Earth X is very helpful, they confirmed this battery is OK for our bikes.

My seat mounts front and rear (spring bases) are cut down, then re-welded.

I made a rear fender cover (fills the gap when moving the 'puter) and the new battery cover out of thin gloss black plastic, so no paint is needed. I have thought of adding some interest to the new battery cover with HD 6 volt battery cover held down with wing nuts, short studs. I even thought of bonding then painting some half wooden dowels to make the cover look like metal...

I did not take too many photos yet, I can next time I work on the bike. I love the seat, (VERY comfortable) but I may sell this whole "Bobber set up" (including chopped fender, light) and go a different direction.

Post 1720 has a couple more angles: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...today-172.html

Last edited by Jetfever; 05-20-2015 at 11:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
americanworkmule (08-22-2016)
Old 05-20-2015 | 11:35 PM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Default battery cover

Here is a shot on Glendora Ridge:

Old 05-21-2015 | 06:06 PM
SLIM DUSTY
Intermediate

[QUOTE=DR1FTY;14034099]
Originally Posted by SLIM DUSTY

I haven't dyno'd it yet but plan to someday. I have the V&H FP3 and all I had to do was call them and tell them what I did and they had a dyno tested map already ready for me. It's been running extremely well on that tune so I'll just ride it as is for now.

And I would say yes, the BCT baffles are worth doing if you want that awesome straight pipe sound without losing low end power. I tried cutting the stock baffles down, first in half then in thirds, still didn't like the sound and lost more low end the more I cut off. Finally bought the BCT's and they were exactly what I was going for. Power and sound.

Thanks for the advice DR1FTY helped out a ton

Old 05-21-2015 | 08:55 PM
DR1FTY
1st Gear

[QUOTE=SLIM DUSTY;14040617]

Thanks for the advice DR1FTY helped out a ton
Glad I could help!

Old 05-25-2015 | 09:28 AM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

I have Andrews 57H cams in mine and LOVE THEM! I did do a Cometic .030 head gasket at the same time but was still a super easy job. Pulls hard from 2200 up. Tons of other stuff but no other motor work. Just RSD blunt AC and V&H big radius with BCT Thunder monster baffles.
Looks great ! I have Phython slip ons , pulled baffles and added BCT QQs in the head pipe ....... Sounds bad axx and runs great !! Thinking about cams ...... Was recommended Woods triple 7 cams, however sure like the torque range of your Andrews 57H cams !

Last edited by Goldtop Dude; 05-25-2015 at 09:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!