Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Evil, just two more questions about the Black Diamond seat. I'm considering one strongly, so would appreciate the help.

How's the ride? My *** is skinny and the stock seat just ain't nuff padding. Not sure if the springs on the BD solo seat help, but if they do, that's a plus with the better handling. I want to scrape me some floorboards and be more comfortable.

Also, do you think a machine shop could do anything with the mounting hardware on that seat to make it accept the passenger pillion? I realize I could just change seats when the gal climbs on, but I actually like the old school look of the pillion.

Oh, and I haven't gotten any resolution on just how fatter a rear tire you can add to the slim without fender mods. I called my Harley dealer and they don't even seem to know. Which doesn't surprise me.

My Slim, waitin for more mods:
Name:  IMG_0013.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  167.2 KB

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 11-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:08 PM
EvilEye
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
How's the ride? My *** is skinny and the stock seat just ain't nuff padding. Not sure if the springs on the BD solo seat help, but if they do, that's a plus with the better handling. I want to scrape me some floorboards and be more comfortable.

Also, do you think a machine shop could do anything with the mounting hardware on that seat to make it accept the passenger pillion?
Seat comfort is very subjective, what is for me may not be for you. Having said that I've found the HD Solo Seat comfortable enough. I've had one on my 48 for over a year and like it. The Solo Seat springs along with the Softail suspension make for a softer ride over bumps without question. But that doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable/painless for your *** on long rides. The Solo Seat doesn't make my *** go as numb as the original Slim seat did but it's not as soft either - it's much firmer which seems to suit me.

What prevents the passenger seat from being fitted is the plastic fender cover that goes over the mounting point. You may be able to modify that so that the passenger seat can still be secured properly.

Hope that helps.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:30 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by EvilEye
Seat comfort is very subjective, what is for me may not be for you. Having said that I've found the HD Solo Seat comfortable enough. I've had one on my 48 for over a year and like it. The Solo Seat springs along with the Softail suspension make for a softer ride over bumps without question. But that doesn't necessarily make it more comfortable/painless for your *** on long rides. The Solo Seat doesn't make my *** go as numb as the original Slim seat did but it's not as soft either - it's much firmer which seems to suit me.

What prevents the passenger seat from being fitted is the plastic fender cover that goes over the mounting point. You may be able to modify that so that the passenger seat can still be secured properly.

Hope that helps.

Helps a lot, Evil. Thanks.

Looking over pictures of the mounting hardware for the solo seat, I though the same about modifying the plastic fender cover. I ordered the hardware, and will take a look at it as I decide on which solo seat. The black diamond does look real cool and so does the black regular stitched. I'd like to see which seat offers the padding/look I like when I get a chance to check them out at the dealer. (Will probably actually buy it on Ebay. Cheaper.)

Better handling, look, and most likely comfort on the spring seat. So I'll go for it. I'll let you know if I ever get a clear answer on that tire. Not sure I want a fatter one back there. It is a "Slim" after all. But it would be a nice option to have.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Bluegrass Phil
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Georgeous, Phil. The guys who are going full-on vintage are just killing it. Where did you get the seat, Phil?
Many thanks for those kind words. The seat has been made by a french upholster by the name of Yves Moillo who lives in Lyon, France.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:51 AM
Tyree
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zedrx
Anyone put any throw over bags on their slim? Got any pics?
These are HD throw over bags, cut and seamed, held in place by a Timbwolf bib. Sissy bar is from Bowman Welding off EBay.

Detail picks can be found at:
Link - www.redechopost.com/download/?un=cdt
Username: cdt
Password: Q2Ek4H

Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 AM
CrustySk8er
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 fls

Here's my 2012 Slim. 16" Apes, lowered 1.5", Samson Tru Duals and Screaming Eagle intake.

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photosmall.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-small.jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Name:  IMG_1309.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  180.4 KB

Name:  IMG_1310.jpg
Views: 1868
Size:  184.6 KB

I don't ride with the windshield much. The top of it is right in my line of sight and it bugs the **** outa me. I'm thinking of chopping it down. Anyone have any experience with this?

Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Noice bikes.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member

Anyone install LEDs on the rear fender?

Old 11-27-2012, 05:23 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,365 Likes on 988 Posts

Anyone install LEDs on the rear fender?
I was wondering that too. The rear facing reflector is just
sticky-taped on & will peel right off.

Looks like one of these "might" work.

#73416-11 or #73420-11

T.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!