Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015 | 10:44 AM
murfe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by splattttttt
When you say entire rear section, does that also include the seing arm?
Fender and strut... Which are thise? They look goid there.
edited to correct. changed out the fender, struts, lighting, and license bracket.

I'll get a pic of all that this weekend. Swingarm and rear tire remained the same.

fender, struts, and seat are all RSD. Lights are small LED from Amazon (like $30), and the license bracket is No School Choppers axle mount.

Old 03-27-2015 | 11:55 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by murfe
edited to correct. changed out the fender, struts, lighting, and license bracket.

I'll get a pic of all that this weekend. Swingarm and rear tire remained the same.

fender, struts, and seat are all RSD. Lights are small LED from Amazon (like $30), and the license bracket is No School Choppers axle mount.
Thought it lookd like my favorite off the shelf custom verierty. Bike looks awesome man

Old 03-27-2015 | 12:11 PM
murfe
Cruiser

Originally Posted by splattttttt
Thought it lookd like my favorite off the shelf custom verierty. Bike looks awesome man
lol yep, no need to reinvent the wheel if it's already out there and done right.

Old 03-28-2015 | 03:20 PM
Tony S.
Intermediate

Here is my 2015 I picked up in January. Now if the weather would just get nice enough to ride it!

Old 03-29-2015 | 07:40 AM
Slim Rich
Cruiser

Nice bike Tony. How do like your seat? Been considering the mustang. Does it feel like you're sitting further forward? How's the comfort? Thanks

Old 03-29-2015 | 03:03 PM
FLS103AK
Stage III

My 2013. Never figured I would be riding febuary 17th in alaska. First post here and I have to say there are some epic bikes on this thread. Great inspiration.

Old 03-29-2015 | 03:06 PM
Tony S.
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Slim Rich
Nice bike Tony. How do like your seat? Been considering the mustang. Does it feel like you're sitting further forward? How's the comfort? Thanks
Thanks!
Yes the Mustang seat does push you forward an inch or two but at 5'9" it made it easier to reach the shifter and kickstand for me.
Since putting it on, I haven't really gotten a chance to ride more than 30 minutes at a time so it's tough to say how comfortable it is. I can say it doesn't feel like I am sliding back onto the fender like I did with the stock seat.
Overall I am very happy with it so far.

Old 03-29-2015 | 03:08 PM
FLS103AK
Stage III

Originally Posted by Tyree
The forum has been a get source of information and inspiration. Thanks to everyone who posts.

The latest mods:
•Wild 1 Chubby's 12-1/2" Apes w/1-1/2" Riser & Ball Mill Top Clamp
•HD Polyurethane Handlebar Riser Bushings
•Magnum Shielding Black Pearl Cables
•HD Black 1-1/2" Get A Grip
•HD Black Dial Analog Speedo
•HD Wrinkle Black Transmission Side Cover
•Relocated Turn Signals to Forks
•DK HiFlow 587 Intake
•DK Customs Traditional Breather
•Joker Machine Viewtech 7 Standard 3-3/4 Round Mirrors

Next up, LePera Bare Bones Seat and Vance & Hines FP3.
I just ordered the same bars and risers. How long of cables did you order from magnum? I ordered their black pearl install kit for 12" apes. Hope they aren't too long.

Old 03-29-2015 | 03:53 PM
Blake USMC Vet
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tony S.
Thanks!
Yes the Mustang seat does push you forward an inch or two but at 5'9" it made it easier to reach the shifter and kickstand for me.
Since putting it on, I haven't really gotten a chance to ride more than 30 minutes at a time so it's tough to say how comfortable it is. I can say it doesn't feel like I am sliding back onto the fender like I did with the stock seat.
Overall I am very happy with it so far.
Originally Posted by Slim Rich

I have had a Mustang seat on my Slim since I got it. Went on a 200 mile ride the first weekend and had no issues.

Old 03-29-2015 | 09:45 PM
seregus
4th Gear

Since I can't send private messages - will have to ask it loud - to install RSD on 150 mm tire it seems you need to replace the battery as well? Is it true?
Reason for question - looking into same RSD seat, but in black-brows combination.

PS: Got similar back turn lights from Rizoma

Originally Posted by murfe

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!