Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015 | 05:31 PM
greenbax
Banned

I'll pm him thanks. If you chat with him please let him know I'm interested in buying it

Old 01-04-2015 | 08:02 AM
Redsauce
Cruiser

Ok, I understand the, "to each their own" phrase, and yeah, it definitely applies here with motorcycles, but this bike(and the other with the spring seat installed on the rear fender) has to be the ugliest bike(s) I have seen.

The Slim was designed a specific way with a specific look. Greenbax, you took it one step further and made it look closer to the original design with the rear fender resembling a rigid, and you installed a sprung SOLO seat . Please don't ruin it by adding a passenger seat.

I understand that you can make any bike a two-seater, but if that is what you had in mind, than why not buy a bike that is designed that way from the start? I have seen so many Slims ruined (IMO) by the installation of big puffy two-up seats.

I bought mine knowing it was a solo scooter. I loved that it didn't even have passenger pegs. I didn't tell the wife when I purchased it. It took her a couple of days before she even noticed, and when she asked about them, I just said, "sorry, this is a solo scooter, we need another bike if you wanna ride.". Guess what? A little over a month later, I gotta Heritage Springer sitting next to the Slim for us to ride together.

Keep the Slim the way it was designed and the way you are making it look...and it does look sweet by the way. Great job, mang! PEACE!

Old 01-04-2015 | 08:48 AM
greenbax
Banned

I'm not going to call anyone's bike ugly, when it comes to customization you just can't make everyone happy. I already have members that don't like my mods, and hey whatever yknow?

I want a two up solution that I can easily take on and take off, and Jc's is brilliant because I can do that by removing 4 strut bolts and I'm done. The alternative is to switch between stock setup and this, but that will be a nightmare. For the record, 95% of the time I'll be riding just with the solo.

Yea Id prefer if my girl would ride but heck if you saw how she badly she drives a car you'd hesitate too lol

Last edited by greenbax; 01-04-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 01-04-2015 | 09:05 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Damn lolol. Ugly ?

Old 01-04-2015 | 10:56 AM
Redsauce
Cruiser

Yeah, that may have been too harsh. The bikes themselves aren't ugly. The idea to put that kind of passenger seat on those bikes is ugly.

The look of having a passenger suspended like that is defeating the purpose of having your fender set up like a rigid. Again, just my opinion. It's ugly on the Rocker. I have seen someone do it on a Crossbones - ugly. And now on a Slim - ugly.

The beauty in this, though, is that they aren't my bikes. If the owners dig 'em, that's all that matters.

Old 01-04-2015 | 02:24 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

I was about to unsubscribe from this thread cause I got the info I need it out of it but I think I'll stick around a little longer lol.

Old 01-04-2015 | 02:41 PM
Phantomryder
Road Master

Greenbax, I liked what you did to solve a problem.

Old 01-04-2015 | 04:11 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Enough with the school yard personal attacks.

Old 01-04-2015 | 04:25 PM
greenbax
Banned

Agreed. Well I'm gonna jump on the scoot for a quick ride. So much "posing" to do, so little time

Old 01-05-2015 | 07:45 AM
Otter
Road Master

So much for this thread..

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!