Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 PM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2nd Gen American Iron
I haven't seen anyone post a pic of their slim with the sundowner seat. Yes the seat is a little big but very comfortable.
I bought sundowner for my slim and it is super comfortable but I can not stand the look. It is too wide. I have a couple pics of my bike with the sundowner but I do not have a shot from straight behind the bike. I ended up ordering a danny gray Weekday 2-up XL. I wish I customized it with gel or their aircushion equivalent but it looks much better than the sundowner IMO. It fits the bike better.
Sorry that the pics are not great for comparison, but I did not keep my sundowner on for long. I need to take the danny greay out for a long day and see how comfortable it is. It does not feel as plush as the sundowner, but I ride solo most of the time.

sundowner

danny gray

Old 11-14-2012, 12:38 AM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone happen to know if the sissy bar in the link would work for the slim? They come stock from the new wide glide and I love the look.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-dyna-...60917033197%26

Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That won't work. It's too wide.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 AM
Zedrx
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by baimo
I bought sundowner for my slim and it is super comfortable but I can not stand the look. It is too wide. I have a couple pics of my bike with the sundowner but I do not have a shot from straight behind the bike. I ended up ordering a danny gray Weekday 2-up XL. I wish I customized it with gel or their aircushion equivalent but it looks much better than the sundowner IMO. It fits the bike better.
Sorry that the pics are not great for comparison, but I did not keep my sundowner on for long. I need to take the danny greay out for a long day and see how comfortable it is. It does not feel as plush as the sundowner, but I ride solo most of the time.

sundowner

danny gray

How's the Danny Gray? I just ordered a Sundowner but think I made a mistake. I know they are super comfy but they are ugly. Is the Gray just as comfy?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM
baimo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Zedrx
How's the Danny Gray? I just ordered a Sundowner but think I made a mistake. I know they are super comfy but they are ugly. Is the Gray just as comfy?
I have not taken the danny gray for any long rides yet but it is comfortable. It is not as soft and comfortable as the sundowner. If I was to do it over I would have ordered the danny gray with their inserts put in. But the price is a little steep. The Danny gray looks awesome on the bike. If you stand directly behind the bike the DG matches the curves of the bike while the sundowner sticks out and makes the bike look bloated.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 AM
baimo
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tyree
Here is my Slim. Love the slammed look with the Shotgun shocks. Any issues with the install or ride?

Tyree love your bike. would you tell me about the saddlebags used on your slim and what type of bar or is that part of the sissy bar install used to secure them?

Thanks

Last edited by baimo; 11-14-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 PM
Island Dude
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 60 Posts

Just picked up Slim today, swaped in the 48 thinking i'am going to like the change

Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 AM
EvilEye
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's an updated pic of my scoot with the new HD Black Diamond Solo Spring Seat fitted.

Makes the Slim look even more old school/retro. Rides as comfortable as any solo seat so no change there. I do sit higher up on the bike now which makes handling different, much easier to lean into corners now - which means I scrap the footboards a lot more. Haha.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 AM
oomariooo
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got my apes....

Name:  73C79DC1-48F7-438C-814E-C07F0E41401B-5319-000006C2CD025204.jpg
Views: 3161
Size:  363.4 KB

Old 11-17-2012, 10:43 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

You're killing me, Evil Eye. You're slim looks killer. Is it still possible to get the passenger pillion on that Slim after installing the spring solo seat? Also, did you go with a fatter rear tire when you put the whitewalls on?

Bike looks great.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!