Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014 | 08:53 AM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer

Originally Posted by Reelman472
Hello Everybody, I own a 2013 Slim and got lots of great ideas from this thread. Here's my version of how a Slim should look:

Wow, great work! That paint looks factory! What swing arm bag is that, licks?

Old 08-17-2014 | 11:49 AM
WiLL.i.Am.Him
Novice

Originally Posted by Reelman472
Hello Everybody,

I own a 2013 Slim and got lots of great ideas from this thread. Here's my version of how a Slim should look:
Awesome bike man.

Old 08-17-2014 | 05:53 PM
Reelman472
Novice

A while back I scored another set of tanks for $100.00 from an insurance job. I had them rebadged and custom painted by Heavy Metal Customs in Grand Rapids Michigan.

The side bag is straight out of the Harley catalog.

Old 08-18-2014 | 03:44 AM
Badfun
1st Gear
Default My Slim

Old 08-18-2014 | 09:21 AM
Dutch101st
Road Captain

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
Is there anything on your bike that you haven't seen on someone else's?
Originally Posted by gregeinsc
Yeah, i get that. But to cruise the forums slapping things on your new ride with no real direction of your own rubs me. When I am done with mine, you will see what I mean.
Originally Posted by sioux565
LOL! Are you really getting pissed at how Dutch101st is customizing his Slim?
I know, right? Just sayin, but really? What do you care? Its not your bike, you do not even know me, you have no real vested interest.

Just because someone says "looking into that" doesn't necessarily mean its a done deal and there may be good reasons behind looking into something that hasn't been thought, seen, or considered before (for your information, seeing as this really matters to you apparently, I would like bigger bags on my bike, true duals would allow for this but I hadn't see them on a Slim as of yet- upon seeing them, it became an option I could consider, i.e "look into" when I swap out my pipes). A lot of folks, from what I have seen, garner a lot of good ideas from others on this board; some don't. Each to their own.

Lastly, if you are really getting "rubbed the wrong way" over what others do on an internet forum, you really need to get out more...just sayin. I do value your opinion in the context that 1). YES, I have added things to my bike that other have 2). You do have a good point in that having ideas of your own and having a direction is a good thing and 3). it does fuel the fires of creativity. That said, to say that I have no direction with where I am with my bike is wrong (again, you do not know me from a hole in the wall, i.e. you never asked or bothered to reach out to contact me), you have apparently no clue as to my level of experience with bikes (although I am sure an educated person such as yourself could figure that out).

I apologize to the rest of the readers on this thread, as my response, of which I really have spent too much of an investment of time and energy on, it is detracting from the spirit of the overall thread. I just wanted to "clear the air" for gregeinsc as this seemed to really be bothering him.

Old 08-18-2014 | 09:35 AM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

I understand where Dutch is coming from, here.Never been to any forum that doesn't have a "Show us yourXXXXXX" thread. In fact, this is one of those. I always thought that the purpose of joining such threads was, along with showing off your scoot, to get ideas and learn. What may look good in an ad, may not be for you, after seeing it on someone else's bike. I'm still considering trading my Dyna Custom for a Slim, and this thread has given me 230 pages of ideas, and the true duals and WW tires still look fine to me... tp

Old 08-18-2014 | 04:23 PM
Crutch252
5th Gear

Just got the Bowman Sissy bar installed. Looks great and very well made. I had them reduce the height of the bar that extends beyond the pad.

Other things added:
- Round HD Mirrors
- Blackline 2-Up seat
- Arlen Ness Big Sucker
- Headlamp and Signal Visor rings
- Rear floor boards
- Cycle Shack Turn-out Slip-ons
- Vance & Hines FuelPak
- White Walls
- Highway Bars
- Retro Grips

Please excuse the messy garage and poor quality pics...been a rough month

Last edited by Crutch252; 08-18-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: **Correction**
Old 08-18-2014 | 07:00 PM
deezy139
Cruiser

Badfun, what bars are those? How did it change the hand/body position and do you like it?

Crutch, the white walls look sick man, and that sissy bar does too.

Old 08-18-2014 | 07:07 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

I agree that Crutch's ride is nice. I especially like the turned out pipes. Reminds me of the hot rods of my youth. Well done, sir...tp

Old 08-19-2014 | 08:03 AM
Crutch252
5th Gear

Thanks for the props. The white walls were a last minute decision. I got a screw in my rare tire on Friday...thought I'd try a white wall on the rear only, but when I saw it on I knew I needed both.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!