Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014 | 07:13 AM
Toofastmxer
Stage III
Default My 2013 Softail Slim

My 2013 Softail Slim FLS.

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-image.jpg  
Old 08-02-2014 | 11:09 AM
finalfury
Cruiser

Sioux,

What navi mount ist that? I'm looking for a mount for my smartphone. Thanks,

Originally Posted by sioux565
Nothing too special.

Old 08-02-2014 | 11:12 AM
finalfury
Cruiser

Fishdoc,

I'm not normally a fan of windshields, but yours looks good on the Slim. WHat windshield is that? Also what sissy bar is that? I just picked up a M.R.S. Slim and need to get some accessories especially since I'm going to NC/TN to ride early Oct.

Originally Posted by fishdoc

Old 08-02-2014 | 11:18 AM
finalfury
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
The Slim has got to be the coolest looking stock bike Harley makes. Nice and clean, toned down lines. Classic.

Nice color too, fury.

Thanks SoCal.

I couldn't agree more. The Slim is the nicest stock bike Harley makes. That is why I bought it. I traded in my 07 Night Train (as you can see in my avatar picture) for the Slim. I just love the lines of the bike. I love the 'ole school bobber look. My wife rides a Street Bob.

Old 08-02-2014 | 12:19 PM
fishdoc
Intermediate

Memphis Shades Rio Grande windshield - works great and easy to install - is also quick release - Got the sissy bar from raybowtieman - top Hand adventures on Ebay - also easy to install and no modifications to signals or license plate needed - just remove your rear fender reflectors with WD40 and dental floss - solid, good quality, well built. Note to self...next time don't scrub gooey stuff off fender with paper towel use micro fiber rag soaked in WD40.
The stock Harley pad he recommends fits it well too - it just hadn't arrived before the photo was taken. I gathered these ideas from this forum - lots of good info here!

Old 08-02-2014 | 05:23 PM
deezy139
Cruiser

Started picking up some goodies for the slim today. I decided to do the cheap and easy stuff I am sure I want to do first... the pipes, risers/bars, forward controls or not, etc is all stuff I need to think more about. So I picked up a black trim ring for the headlight, black visor trim rings for the front turn signals with smoked lenses, and black visor trim rings for the back turn signals. Sorry for my poor picture taking ability.

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-zpyeimv.jpg

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-svjbqqj.jpg

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-qcjoygp.jpg

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-yphhpz8.jpg

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-m7uqyjy.jpg

I almost didn't do the head lamp ring but man does it look a lot cleaner than the chrome one did. I was a little ticked off about the front visor turn signal rings though, they are a matte black where the back ones are gloss black, and the housings themselves are gloss black. The gloss on gloss looks way better than that matte finish on the front ones, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I probably could buy another set of back ones in the gloss and swap the red lenses for the clears and try and sell the matte rings with the red lenses, but I don't know... we'll see.

Not pictured I've also pulled all the reflectors off, which helped clean up the look of the bike.

Bags and a windshield are coming in a week, then I'm thinking I'm either going to put pipes or set up for two-up riding in September... we'll see if I have a lady friend to put on the back of the bike or not.

Old 08-02-2014 | 06:24 PM
fishdoc
Intermediate
Thumbs up

Very Nice....

Old 08-02-2014 | 06:35 PM
hOtroDD77
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by deezy139
Started picking up some goodies for the slim today. I decided to do the cheap and easy stuff I am sure I want to do first... the pipes, risers/bars, forward controls or not, etc is all stuff I need to think more about. So I picked up a black trim ring for the headlight, black visor trim rings for the front turn signals with smoked lenses, and black visor trim rings for the back turn signals. Sorry for my poor picture

I almost didn't do the head lamp ring but man does it look a lot cleaner than the chrome one did. I was a little ticked off about the front visor turn signal rings though, they are a matte black where the back ones are gloss black, and the housings themselves are gloss black. The gloss on gloss looks way better than that matte finish on the front ones, but I'm not sure what to do about it. I probably could buy another set of back ones in the gloss and swap the red lenses for the clears and try and sell the matte rings with the red lenses, but I don't know... we'll see.

Not pictured I've also pulled all the reflectors off, which helped clean up the look of the bike.

Bags and a windshield are coming in a week, then I'm thinking I'm either going to put pipes or set up for two-up riding in September... we'll see if I have a lady friend to put on the back of the bike or not.
Looks good. I like those visors on the signals! Couple of questions for you

1. Are those HD parts?
2. Will the ones you bought for the back not fit the front ones too? Are they different sizes? If not,
3. Could you sand down the front ones and paint them a gloss black? I can't imagine it would be too hard to match the paint. Assuming these aren't too expensive to replace if you were to mess up. I agree, the gloss looks better.

Old 08-02-2014 | 07:45 PM
deezy139
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hOtroDD77
Looks good. I like those visors on the signals! Couple of questions for you

1. Are those HD parts?
2. Will the ones you bought for the back not fit the front ones too? Are they different sizes? If not,
3. Could you sand down the front ones and paint them a gloss black? I can't imagine it would be too hard to match the paint. Assuming these aren't too expensive to replace if you were to mess up. I agree, the gloss looks better.
Thanks! I do too, getting rid of the amber lenses on the front and hiding the red ones on the back, that black trim ring on the head lamp, and getting rid of the reflectors really streamline the bike... Probably not super apparent to most but I really like it.

1) Yep, they were all HD parts. I learned my lesson on some aftermarket parts on my sportster, I got some non HD lenses and they didn't fit or look right so I decided to just cough up the extra money this time on better stuff.

2) I'm about 90% sure they are the same size, but good call, I definitely want to make sure before I try and buy gloss black back ones to swap.

3) I suppose this is an option too, and would cost a lot less.

Old 08-04-2014 | 02:12 PM
HDSlim14
6th Gear

Recently removed passenger pillion and floorboards to go straight solo. Here's where we're at right now...

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-20140719_194623-1.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-20140719_194719-1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!