Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Keromoto
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Softail Slim

I found some time to take better photos today. I hope you like the mods as much as I do.

Hey man excellent work. I am planning the same on my Blackline. I have just ordered the Cross Bones wheel. Already found a used Fatboy fender to chop. The struts I still need to buy. Do you know if I need anything else?

Any heads up will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kerim

Old 10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Softail Slim
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keromoto
Hey man excellent work. I am planning the same on my Blackline. I have just ordered the Cross Bones wheel. Already found a used Fatboy fender to chop. The struts I still need to buy. Do you know if I need anything else?

Any heads up will be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Kerim
Kerim.

Besides the fender supports for the 9" Fatboy fender (strut covers are optional, I left them away), you'll need the correct bearings for the Cross Bones wheel (ABS/no ABS) as well as the spacers. The Blackline seat will fit the Fatboy fender.

I hope this helps.

If you want the strut covers send me a PM. I still have mine unused and will put them on ebay in a few days.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM
elizer
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Urbancowgirl what kind of speakers are those and how do you like them. I really want tunes when i ride but they look pretty bulky.

Did 1000 mile service over teh weekend and changed out primary cover for gloss black one and painted a few things.

Name:  B97D06CC-F91B-435C-AC20-0E42B267CE7A-7775-00000A10F3062619.jpg
Views: 2073
Size:  200.5 KB

Name:  2030A693-F62B-4968-8771-D935729AB14F-7775-00000A10F9B6AEF6.jpg
Views: 1886
Size:  183.7 KB

Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Keromoto
Stage IV

Kerim.

Besides the fender supports for the 9" Fatboy fender (strut covers are optional, I left them away), you'll need the correct bearings for the Cross Bones wheel (ABS/no ABS) as well as the spacers. The Blackline seat will fit the Fatboy fender.

I hope this helps.

If you want the strut covers send me a PM. I still have mine unused and will put them on ebay in a few days.
Yes you are right. As I understand I need left and right bearings and the sleeve that goes in between.

I definitely love the way the struts look on your bike without the covers. And I suppose the taillights bolt right into the fender even though you don't use the covers.

Do you remember if you had to buy another part that goes between the fender and the chassis at the bottom of the fender under the seat? Or were you able to use the bracket of the slim's original fender?

One last question, it seems as though your bike is lowered. If so, Which lowering kit did you use?

Thank you btw this is very useful.

Kerim

Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Softail Slim
Advanced

I definitely love the way the struts look on your bike without the covers. And I suppose the taillights bolt right into the fender even though you don't use the covers.
Yes, I drilled two holes on each side aft of the struts and bolted the taillights right into the fender.

Do you remember if you had to buy another part that goes between the fender and the chassis at the bottom of the fender under the seat? Or were you able to use the bracket of the slim's original fender?
I did not need any parts between the struts (fender supports) and the chassis. I needed two brackets to attach the fender supports to the fender, though. I am referring to part #13 on this micro fiche:

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/...dmc&A=846&B=43

One last question, it seems as though your bike is lowered. If so, Which lowering kit did you use?
Yes, the bike has been lowered using a lowering kit from Stocker Performance Parts (P/N 07-102), which retails for 90€ here in Germany.

Thank you btw this is very useful.
You're more than welcome.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:24 PM
910TRPOperator
3rd Gear

Anyone taken these on long trips? I'm talking 1k miles or more. Also those with the the left side saddle bag, is it really enough room?

Old 10-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Sitnrok
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blowzo
very nice dude... here you go

Love the rims!! Bad A$$ and where did you get them? Thanks Bro.

Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
beast 10
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone with the slim put on a set of RSD levers ? I'm looking at a set of avenger or black ops levers and want to get some feedback on fitment, I read somewhere that they are a bit thinner and may require some washers .

Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Keromoto
Stage IV

I did not need any parts between the struts (fender supports) and the chassis. I needed two brackets to attach the fender supports to the fender, though. I am referring to part #13 on this micro fiche:

http://fiche.worldofpowersports.com/...dmc&A=846&B=43

For some reason the microfiche doesn't open on my computer. Can you please take a screenshot and post it?

Many thanks,

Kerim

Old 10-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Softail Slim
Advanced

For some reason the microfiche doesn't open on my computer. Can you please take a screenshot and post it?

Many thanks,

Kerim

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!