Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 07:08 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

SoCalSoftailSlim, are those true duals or factory header pipes with hidden crossover? If true duals, did you lose any low end power without the crossover? Yours is one fine looking motorcycle...

Old 12-24-2013, 07:55 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks dirt. Those are factory header pipes. The bell tips, aka cocktail shakers, aka megaphones are slip ons.

Old 12-25-2013, 11:43 AM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello guys. Well I just sold my 13 FLHX due to having severe sciatica and awaiting surgery for a herniated disc. I'm hoping I could be back in the saddle by late spring early summer.

I already have the bike in mind I want to get. A 14 slim, charcoal and satin black option. The slim just looks great out of the box. I'm already stock piling parts for it lol. My dealer (Laidlaws) had a MVP night a few weeks ago, everything, except for the bikes, was 30% off, didn't matter if it was in stock or not. So I took advantage and saved a lot of cheddar.

Socalsoftailslim, I noticed you had the V&H slip ons on your ride. How did you like them? How would you compare the sound to a full system? I'm on the fence whether to get a slip on set or full system. My choices for full system are: samson street sweepers, ripsaws, longhorns or V&H big shots staggered. Well can't wait to be all good and be back in the wind.

Old 12-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Bluegrass Phil
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Santa Claus brung me some nice parts for my Slim, 100 % made in France by EMD. They recently opened an office in California www.estmd.com !

Old 12-25-2013, 12:05 PM
hvacgaspiping
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,888 Likes on 8,612 Posts

Originally Posted by beast 10
Not the best pic's but here is my latest, seeing how everyone is blacking out the front and I like to follow my own beat I'm contemplating going with chrome fork sliders,bars and primary cover. Other than the obvious in the pic's I had the seat reupholstered with the gel insert and stage one download.

I just bought an `05 Screamin Eagle Fatboy CVO and its seat is like sitting on concrete! So, how did you come out with the gel padding?

Old 12-25-2013, 03:54 PM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey Phil, how are you liking the La Pera seat? Does it keep you planted or do you slide back like the stock one?

Old 12-25-2013, 04:28 PM
beast 10
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
I just bought an `05 Screamin Eagle Fatboy CVO and its seat is like sitting on concrete! So, how did you come out with the gel padding?

The Gel insert worked out great, easily on of the best mods on my Slim.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:34 PM
beast 10
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Phil
Santa Claus brung me some nice parts for my Slim, 100 % made in France by EMD. They recently opened an office in California www.estmd.com !

Those ****** covers look great, I may grab some black cut trans and cam covers. Thanks for the pics and info.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:48 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Phil

That is one fine retro look. Those aren't cheap items, either. Like I said, Lookin' Fine....tomp dd50

Old 12-25-2013, 11:14 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by JC_FXDWG
Hello guys. Well I just sold my 13 FLHX due to having severe sciatica and awaiting surgery for a herniated disc. I'm hoping I could be back in the saddle by late spring early summer.

I already have the bike in mind I want to get. A 14 slim, charcoal and satin black option. The slim just looks great out of the box. I'm already stock piling parts for it lol. My dealer (Laidlaws) had a MVP night a few weeks ago, everything, except for the bikes, was 30% off, didn't matter if it was in stock or not. So I took advantage and saved a lot of cheddar.

Socalsoftailslim, I noticed you had the V&H slip ons on your ride. How did you like them? How would you compare the sound to a full system? I'm on the fence whether to get a slip on set or full system. My choices for full system are: samson street sweepers, ripsaws, longhorns or V&H big shots staggered. Well can't wait to be all good and be back in the wind.

I think the VH slip ons are a great option, and a heck of a lot less expensive than a full system. Check your private messages. I'm selling my VH Slip ons now that I'm running the bell tips.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!