Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 AM
Slimshadey
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Phil
The brand new Le Pera Bare Bones seat for Slim is a great one !

And I also love my new headlight grille !

Lovin it bluegrass!! Check out my bike, got a headlight grill as well. It's a great look huh?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Slimshadey
Banned

Hey bluegrass I really love the tires you have on, those firestones. Are they difficult to find?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:50 AM
Slimshadey
Banned

Question to all the slim owners. Why do some people add a fat rear tire to the slim? I mean if you want a fat rear tire why not just get a fat boy? Never quite understood that slim modification. Besides, the slim has some if the best handling of all softails because of that slim rear tire!

Old 12-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Aussie Slim
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slimshadey
Question to all the slim owners. Why do some people add a fat rear tire to the slim? I mean if you want a fat rear tire why not just get a fat boy? Never quite understood that slim modification. Besides, the slim has some if the best handling of all softails because of that slim rear tire!
I ask the same question, love the handling of the slim over my 07 fatboy, so much easier to throw around.
cheers

Old 12-09-2013, 08:10 AM
harley1005
Tourer
Default Bluegrass Phil

Originally Posted by rolfsharley
Nice bike,what bars do you have on Your bike
Who makes the apes you are running? I noticed you did NOT relocate the signal lights and the apes with wiring and cable kit I am looking at recommends relocation of the signal lights.
How do the vintage style Firestone Tires handle and who did you purchase them through?
Is that a Headwinds Grill?
Thanks,

Attached Thumbnails Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-20-.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-2-2-.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-9-.jpg   Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!-photo-7-.jpg  
Old 12-09-2013, 08:11 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

"Why do some people add a fat rear tire to the slim?" Because we wanted to.

"I mean if you want a fat rear tire why not just get a fat boy?" Haven't you just about beat that horse to death Slim? Go on, beat it some more.

Last edited by gregeinsc; 12-09-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
hap
Novice

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
"Why do some people add a fat rear tire to the slim?" Because we wanted to.

"I mean if you want a fat rear tire why not just get a fat boy?" Haven't you just about beat that horse to death Slim? Go on, beat it some more.
Did you not know if you buy a fls you are supposed to leave it stock? Or at the very least get slimshady approval on any mod you want to do

Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Shadey, in a very short period of time since you've joined the board, you've asked about a ton of mods to your Slim. I'm sure not everyone agrees with what you want to do with your bike in a rush to change it.

What constitutes a "fat rear tire" anyway?

I find the best mods are often driven by necessity and thinking things over a bit.

I happened to get a flat on my 14. I needed a new tire to ride the bike the next day, since I ride everyday. I put a 15 on because it could be done with no other mods to the bike. It handles better with the 15, IMHO, and fills out the rear fender better.

The 14 kinda looks like *** unless it was a Firestone vintage. But even then, a vintage style tire doesn't handle well in all weather conditions. And even a modern 14 can be too skate like. I prefer the little extra stability in the lean the 15 offers. Others may not. No biggie.

Some have modded their swingarms and rear fenders to go with an 18 or 20. While that is not my preference, it is their bike. And since you appear to be very inclined to mod your bike, you might want to think twice about questioning what they do.

And there are lot of other differences between a Slim and a Fatboy besides the rear tire.

Last edited by SoCalSoftailSlim; 12-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
Slimshadey
Banned

Sorry but have any of you actually read my comment properly? Where does it insult anyone, or say they shouldnt have done it, or that its stupid to do? I dont see that.

If you want to know the truth, I asked NOT because I was questioning your judgement but because I honestly wanted to know why. I thought that maybe there is a reason that I dont know of, and that maybe if its a really good reason (ie performance) I SHOULD ALSO. Surprised? Yea, most people who assume wrong are.

Whats with the hostility guys? If you are secure with yourself and what you've done to your bike, you should be man enough to handle some questions about it. Try me, you can ask anything you want about my bike.

The ironic thing is the only anger, sarcasm and insults, have been from replies to my post. The only person that has shown any maturity is Socal.

And Socal, whats wrong with questioning peoples mods? I did it (at least I intended to) respectfully, and funny enough other than you neither of those two other guys could answer the questions, which Im guessing is why they were annoyed lol. To your question, I meant "fat" as increasing the rear tire any size over stock.

Lastly THANK YOU SOCAL for answering my question. I may consider 15 if it improves performance.

Last edited by Slimshadey; 12-09-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:17 PM
Bluegrass Phil
Cruiser
Received 67 Likes on 22 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by harley1005
Who makes the apes you are running? I noticed you did NOT relocate the signal lights and the apes with wiring and cable kit I am looking at recommends relocation of the signal lights.
How do the vintage style Firestone Tires handle and who did you purchase them through?
Is that a Headwinds Grill?
Thanks,
Hi, I only changed the front and rear headlight for LED ones but I needed to stay OK with the laws in France.
Firestons Champion de Luxe are doing OK as long as you learn (quickly) to deal with on the road. You can find them in the USA through Coker Tires.
My grill is an italian made and to be honest it's more like a Rough Crafts copy than the Headwinds one.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!