Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/702-...5-5FCA265901E6

Drag Specialties version of lowering. Looks same as Ness' and sells for $40.00.

Old 11-29-2013, 02:34 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

I'm sure it doesn't matter, but I went with the Ness kit because it is made of stress proof steel.

The Drag Specialties kit is zinc plated.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:45 PM
NuttyKev
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's a work in progress. Going for blacked out. Nothing too major in changes, since I already like the overall style. Need to get stage one still, thinking of getting Samson bone shakers, and keeping stock air filter cover with stage one kit.

All engine covers that can be swapped out for black have been, except for the derby cover and the other small cover on the other side. Every little chrome piece that doesn't get hot has been removed and sprayed with plasti-dip, including the lowers.

Corbin rider and passenger seats. Quick detach sissy bar, not shown. Some other random pieces here and there.

Still need some risers, I want the bars just a little higher. And a bunch more little parts.

Name:  IMAG0114.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  IMAG0110.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  197.0 KB

Old 11-30-2013, 04:36 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Cool. Are those mirrors and something else on your bars, NuttyKev? Can't make it out in the pic.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM
NuttyKev
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Cool. Are those mirrors and something else on your bars, NuttyKev? Can't make it out in the pic.
Yes. Aftermarket mirrors and speakers. Also there is a small leather tool bag between the headlight and bars, to hold reg and ins papers and nighttime glasses. If you look closely, you can see the mp3 cord sitting on the seat that plugs into my phone. The mirrors are a skeleton arm and hand holding the mirror. I thought they looked cool online, but after riding with them for a while, I don't like them, they are too high. I want something a little more low profile.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:58 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How are you liking that Corbin seat ?

Old 11-30-2013, 05:46 PM
NuttyKev
Advanced

Originally Posted by Goldtop Dude
How are you liking that Corbin seat ?
So far it's ok. Not super comfy. Maybe it needs to be broken in. It's less than a month old. Went on a three hour ride with the wife on the back, my tail bone was hurting, but my tailbone hurts when I sit for three hours any where. My wife didn't care too much for it, but she almost never rides with me. And the seat is heated. Man does it get hot, I can't leave it on for very long.

I bought a mustang day tripper first, but hated it. Felt like there was a lump hitting my tailbone.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyKev
So far it's ok. Not super comfy. Maybe it needs to be broken in. It's less than a month old. Went on a three hour ride with the wife on the back, my tail bone was hurting, but my tailbone hurts when I sit for three hours any where. My wife didn't care too much for it, but she almost never rides with me. And the seat is heated. Man does it get hot, I can't leave it on for very long.

I bought a mustang day tripper first, but hated it. Felt like there was a lump hitting my tailbone.
Corbin told me it's 1,000 mile breakin I have heard very good things about them .....

I thought SoCal has one as well

Old 11-30-2013, 06:25 PM
Slimshadey
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep hearing good and bad things about every solo seat for the slim, there seems to be no consensus about what the most comfortable solo seat is, so I'm sticking with my stock till I hear something convincing. These after market seats are really expensive and I don't want to make the wrong choice. I have been leaning towards the mustang solo seat with back rest..( and ps I don't like the 2-up seats)

Old 11-30-2013, 09:46 PM
Cougar1959
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slimshadey
I keep hearing good and bad things about every solo seat for the slim, there seems to be no consensus about what the most comfortable solo seat is, so I'm sticking with my stock till I hear something convincing. These after market seats are really expensive and I don't want to make the wrong choice. I have been leaning towards the mustang solo seat with back rest..( and ps I don't like the 2-up seats)

I bought the Mustang Solo seat with backrest, when I bought my Slim. I have never owned a Mustang seat, but so far, I really like this seat. I think, but not for sure, this is the only seat with a backrest, you can get for the Slim.

Quick Reply: Softtail SLIM - Let's see the Pics!!!