Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Backrest bag for 2010 Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Michael Curran
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backrest bag for 2010 Fatboy

I just put a detachable backrest and luggage rack on the bike for my trip to OC next month. Next step is to get the right bag. I'm looking at the Harley Touring bag, it's big enough for my needs and has that new clip on pad option so if I reverse the bag and clip on the pad I can lean against it. Does anyone have this bag and if so is it worth the extra money? I'm also looking at the T-Bags LoneStar. Any input on either of these or others?
Mike

Attached Thumbnails Backrest bag for 2010 Fatboy-bike-with-backrest-b.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012, 11:57 AM
sagebrush1976
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just make sure whatever bag you choose can fit over your sissy bar pad. I had the same wide one on my bike and couldn't find many bags that would fit over it. I ended up putting the regular narrow pad on mine so I could fit my old bag on it.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
gemlab1
Intermediate

I got the touring bag with the day bag combo.
and also the overnight bag.
they all connect to each other.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Michael Curran
Novice

Originally Posted by sagebrush1976
Just make sure whatever bag you choose can fit over your sissy bar pad. I had the same wide one on my bike and couldn't find many bags that would fit over it. I ended up putting the regular narrow pad on mine so I could fit my old bag on it.
thanks, I'll make sure I verify that. I'm guessing that would probably point me back toward the Harley Touring bag...

Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Brutus01
Road Captain

Nice looking scoot.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Michael Curran
Novice

Thanks guys, now I see a nice one from Saddlemen that can be reversed and leaned against. The BR1800, and it has a version that's studded, it might go well with my Mustang seat.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Curran
Thanks guys, now I see a nice one from Saddlemen that can be reversed and leaned against. The BR1800, and it has a version that's studded, it might go well with my Mustang seat.
Just so you know, that isn't a sissy bar bag. That one is designed to buckle underneath the passenger pad only. They have another series of bags that slide over the sissy bar pad, and can be reversed also. I have the S2600, very roomy, well built, and has a built-in rain cover.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Michael Curran
Novice

Thanks Bill, good catch. I see the S2600 that's a nice one. Is it comfortable as a backrest? Seems with the Ape Hangers, you might be pulled forward a bit more, but I wouldn't know. Do you find yourself using the roll or mostly just the bag?
I'm now between that one and the Fastback large. What do you think of this one? In short it has a little more depth, so it will be a little closer to your back. I'm hoping to hit that sweet spot where I have something to comfortably lean against, but I don't want to feel cramped.

Large Fastback Sissy Bar Bag

SaddleStow Large Fastback Sissy Bar Bag
SaddleStow™ motorcycle luggage is designed to be at home on the widest range of machines and offers the perfect look for cruising the highway. Style is not the only concern - function is paramount in the design of each SaddleStow item. A perfect blend of rugged materials make this luggage tough, weather-resistant and long lasting. Our unique combination of features set these bags apart from all others.
  • Front and rear universal mounting harness for back seat or luggage rack use
  • Built at a 10° angle and with special harness system to mount behind or in front of sissy bar where bag can be used as driver backrest
  • Two full side openings, each with zippered mesh pockets inside and large zippered pouches outside
  • Removable, adjustable padded backrest pad included
  • Weatherproof raincover and removable shoulder straps also included
  • Travel bags made of 600-denier SaddleTuff™ built over a rigid frame
Dimensions: 20" H x 16" W x 13" D.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:57 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

That one would probably work too. At 13" deep it would be right there for a back rest. You don't get pulled forward with apes, unless your apes are pushed too far forward. I put the 2600 on the passenger pad, and when it's full it makes a good back rest. I guess this all depends on how big/tall you are.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Michael Curran
Novice

A few more days of shopping and research and I finally placed my order. I'm getting a biker's friend large. I'll try to post a pic from the site. But I can't find anything negative about these things on the web. And it serves as a very solid backrest, something that will help for the longer trips.

Quick Reply: Backrest bag for 2010 Fatboy